Turn on thread page Beta

Year 12 into 13 advice needed please watch

I feel like I’m stuck in a dark tunnel with no way out. Here’s the issue, I’m 17 and doing A levels. I’m was planning on taking double ICT and business and English language. However, I had to resit GCSE maths. So this year I only took double ICT and business, with the intention of starting English next year (year 13). I’ve really got interested business and IT and don’t wanna do English, but my parents are very insistent- to the point that I’m petrified of talking to them about it.

I honestly think that this time next year (or sooner) that I’ll be on the verge of a breakdown. I’m spending 5 solid hours in-front of a computer, which is hurting like hell. I’m trying to hold down a part time job ( which I’m going to be made redundant in April), preparing for uni, driving and so on. I try my best to be strong in front of people, but that facade is starting to crumble....

Any advice would be nice

ReputationRep:
    if you're struggling with the job, quit it. If you're unhappy with you'r subjects, just tell them, it's your life not theirs. I'm the same age and I was like this up until about 3 months or so ago. I've been through 6 different subjects before doing the 3 I'm on now. The best advice I can give is it is your life, how bad or how good it is depends mostly on you, so you must take control of it, otherwise you'll never find any kind of happiness
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel like I’m stuck in a dark tunnel with no way out. Here’s the issue, I’m 17 and doing A levels. I’m was planning on taking double ICT and business and English language. However, I had to resit GCSE maths. So this year I only took double ICT and business, with the intention of starting English next year (year 13). I’ve really got interested business and IT and don’t wanna do English, but my parents are very insistent- to the point that I’m petrified of talking to them about it.

I honestly think that this time next year (or sooner) that I’ll be on the verge of a breakdown. I’m spending 5 solid hours in-front of a computer, which is hurting like hell. I’m trying to hold down a part time job ( which I’m going to be made redundant in April), preparing for uni, driving and so on. I try my best to be strong in front of people, but that facade is starting to crumble....

Any advice would be nice
    Your job will not be worth the added stress honestly, I’d suggest quitting beforehand so you can focus on your studying.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.