Turn on thread page Beta

I want to lose weight from 19 stone 6 to 15 stone, is keto with caloric deficit the best way to go?

How long will it take for me to lose 4 stone?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i wouldnt recommend that, just watch what you eat, get MyFitnessPal, find out what your max calorie intake is, go gym, lots of cardio mixed in with weight training 3-4 times a week, maintain it and you'll lose weight in a manageable and consistent way, which youd be able to maintain in the long run

these fad diets only work in the short -term and youll gain the weight back quickly when you start eating 'normally' again

ReputationRep:
    Keto might not be the best option. I would start with counting your macros with an app like MyFitnessPal, going the gym regularly, eat in calorific deficit and most importantly; eat food that is beneficial to your body. Cut our bread, pasta, etc. all starchy carbs that have no value to your body and focus on greens and protein.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishol)
    Keto might not be the best option. I would start with counting your macros with an app like MyFitnessPal, going the gym regularly, eat in calorific deficit and most importantly; eat food that is beneficial to your body. Cut our bread, pasta, etc. all starchy carbs that have no value to your body and focus on greens and protein.
    cutting out starchy carbs is almost keto anyway?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.