Turn on thread page Beta

So I met a guy on an app he's 19 and Im 17. We have skyped for a few days (or should I say nights) in a row and I feel like I have feelings for him and he does too. Is this even possible or am I being ridiculous? He also lives 2 hours away from me which is so annoying but could be worse. Just wondering if any of you think a relationship this far could work? I am going to uni in september but living at home so would that work? He is coming to see me in half term for the first time as I am doing a levels and he works full time so I'm just worried that we won't have time for each other, however if we like each other that much we will make time for each other I guess? idk please say your opinion on this

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So I met a guy on an app he's 19 and Im 17. We have skyped for a few days (or should I say nights) in a row and I feel like I have feelings for him and he does too. Is this even possible or am I being ridiculous? He also lives 2 hours away from me which is so annoying but could be worse. Just wondering if any of you think a relationship this far could work? I am going to uni in september but living at home so would that work? He is coming to see me in half term for the first time as I am doing a levels and he works full time so I'm just worried that we won't have time for each other, however if we like each other that much we will make time for each other I guess? idk please say your opinion on this
    I me and one of my ex girlfriends were in a similar position and it worked out fine (we split for other reasons), but I have a close friend that's been in a relationship with a guy that lived like 5 hours away, if you both want it enough then it can happen
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Doesn’t immediately sound to me like the sort of situation that would work out in the long term but then you never know... Of course don’t forget (I have to keep reminding myself this) you’ve got your whole life to find someone who is not only the right person at the right time but also in the right place and there’s a lot of people in the world so statistically your chances are good. But don’t let my ramblings stop you from trying to make it work with that guy if that’s what you really want. We only learn from experience. (Also make sure he’s not a catfish just in case)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

If you're both committed to making it work it will. I currently live 1 1/2 hours away from my boyfriend (but in September we'll be 2 hours or more away from each other). I've found that the distance helps with being independent and not relying on the other person. If you live 10 minutes away from someone it is easy to see them every day and kind of lose your identity. Plus if you only see them once a week you still get the excitement whenever you see them

(Original post by TheLemming479)
    Doesn’t immediately sound to me like the sort of situation that would work out in the long term but then you never know... Of course don’t forget (I have to keep reminding myself this) you’ve got your whole life to find someone who is not only the right person at the right time but also in the right place and there’s a lot of people in the world so statistically your chances are good. But don’t let my ramblings stop you from trying to make it work with that guy if that’s what you really want. We only learn from experience. (Also make sure he’s not a catfish just in case)
    don't worry haha we have video called on skype and snapchatted. Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.