Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am thinking of exiting my Masters course after the first year and leaving with a PG Cert. I have had a loan to cover me for the whole course (but paid over the two years). Will I have to pay the first year back (£5000) if I exit straight away? Or will it be deducted as a % of my wages when I'm earning just as if I'd completed the full Masters?

Thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Chancey8220)
    Hi

I am thinking of exiting my Masters course after the first year and leaving with a PG Cert. I have had a loan to cover me for the whole course (but paid over the two years). Will I have to pay the first year back (£5000) if I exit straight away? Or will it be deducted as a % of my wages when I'm earning just as if I'd completed the full Masters?

Thanks!
    Hi Chancey8220,

As long as you have attended for at least part of each term, you won't be expected to pay anything back straight away, so the full amount you've been paid will go into regular repayments.

For example, if you received your 3rd installment, but you'd actually withdrawn before the 3rd term started but the university notified us after you'd been paid, we'd contact you about repaying that 3rd installment as it will be classed as an overpayment. However, if you've been in attendance for even just a few days of the 3rd term and then withdraw, none of the loan will go into overpayment so it will all go into regular repayments.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.