Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want witches to make it easier to walk because I have ripped/ hurt a muscle in my calf. My mum has just called NHS24 and they told me to take some meds. My mother will now not take me to the doctor because of this.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Rachel Doug)
    I want witches to make it easier to walk because I have ripped/ hurt a muscle in my calf. My mum has just called NHS24 and they told me to take some meds. My mother will now not take me to the doctor because of this.
    Hi there. If it's just a hurt muscle then the best treatment would be just to take ibuprofen (or whatever 111/ a pharmacy suggests) and take things a bit easy. You could also use a heat or cooling pad (pharmacy can suggest which would be best).

You shouldn't need crutches cos it won't last too long and you should be fine just limping a bit. If you do want to see a doctor though you can. You can see a doctor by yourself at any age so even if your mum won't take you you can go by yourself.

Honestly though it'll probably be better by the time you can see your GP. You could go to a walk-in clinic, but you'll have to sit around for hours. I would advise going to a pharmacy so they can suggest the best type of medication and seeing how things go over the next few days/ week.

Hope that helps and that your leg feels better soon.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.