Turn on thread page Beta

I'm petrified my car insurance is going to get cancelled watch

Announcements

Hi everyone,

I just want to start by saying I'm a huge worrier and i am probably being a bit overdramatic but am desperate for some reassurance without having to tell my parents about the situation.

Last week, I had an email from my car insurance provider (insurethebox) that urgent action is required to improve my driving score (due to speeding, I am an idiot, I know!). I have been driving in accordance to the speed limits since this warning and I did contact them on live chat and ask when the final warning is active from (to which they said the day it was sent)

My car insurance is paid annually rather than monthly, and as I fiest insured it on April 18th 2016, my monthly score is based on the 18th-18th. Prior to my warning, I had to do an emergency stop and I had been going slightly over the speed limit. Do you think they will take those days prior to the warning into account for the monthly score, or do you think if my driving has been good since the warning (haven't sped once), it will cancel out any speed problems from the start of the month?

Thanks if you have taken the time to read and reply. I do suffer from some anxiety and i tend to over think, but aslong as I don't speed now for the rest of the month and until April 18 when I need to renew, I should be ok.

I just really appreciate any comments/thoughts on this. I am aware that I'm silly for speeding, and ignoring my speed warnings, but I have done it now and i can't go back, so would appreciate not being grilled on that if you don't mind

Thanks in advance and sorry this was a bit ramble-y!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.