Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm currently in my first year of uni living in uni accommodation, but next year my friend and I will be living together in a flat. There are some flats which, weekly, are the same price as what we're paying here. The thing is, at our accommodation now, we pay the rent in 3 instalments over the year and it's usually right after the new instalment of the maintenance loan comes in. I was wondering, is there a way we could do this when living in a regular flat (probably not, I know) cause there's no way we could afford to pay it monthly. I do intend to look for a job back over summer and try and work next year during study :/.
    Thank you
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by zombie-dance)
    So I'm currently in my first year of uni living in uni accommodation, but next year my friend and I will be living together in a flat. There are some flats which, weekly, are the same price as what we're paying here. The thing is, at our accommodation now, we pay the rent in 3 instalments over the year and it's usually right after the new instalment of the maintenance loan comes in. I was wondering, is there a way we could do this when living in a regular flat (probably not, I know) cause there's no way we could afford to pay it monthly. I do intend to look for a job back over summer and try and work next year during study :/.
    Thank you
    you can't change the amount of installments, you'll have to budget so that you will be able to pay monthly
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Most landlords will not do this, nor is it really in your interest to try and pay the entire semster installment of rent up front.

Why do you say you can't afford to pay monthly? If you can afford to pay for halls using the loan that has just come in then you can afford to pay rent.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.