Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I'm Asian and this has been pretty normal my whole life but I need to bring a rice cooker/steamer with me if I'm able to move in this year. Are there any rules against this? I heard a couple places don't allow them because they're a fire hazard.

(Rice cookers are literally like a number one priority in most Asian households before you tell me why I can't 'just cook rice on a pan'.)
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    So TBF I cook my rice on the stove and so haven’t asked about a rice cooker BUT I did ask about bringing a Nespresso machine with me but was told it might trigger the smoke detector :/
    Unless you want to bring one with you and leave it in the kitchen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 200)
    So TBF I cook my rice on the stove and so haven’t asked about a rice cooker BUT I did ask about bringing a Nespresso machine with me but was told it might trigger the smoke detector :/
    Unless you want to bring one with you and leave it in the kitchen?
    Went to the accommodation tour yesterday, apparently everything's fine as long as it doesn't trigger the alarm like you said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeCruz)
    Went to the accommodation tour yesterday, apparently everything's fine as long as it doesn't trigger the alarm like you said.
    Ahh cool.
    How is the accommodation btw? I’m an international student and won’t make it to view accommodation before I move in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 200)
    Ahh cool.
    How is the accommodation btw? I’m an international student and won’t make it to view accommodation before I move in
    Sorry for the late reply. It's exactly as it is from the photos on the liberty site just with student's stuff. Just one disappointing thing is that you can't lock your own cabinets in the kitchen like other halls may have and the kitchen is smaller than I expected. Overall, everything looked great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeCruz)
    Sorry for the late reply. It's exactly as it is from the photos on the liberty site just with student's stuff. Just one disappointing thing is that you can't lock your own cabinets in the kitchen like other halls may have and the kitchen is smaller than I expected. Overall, everything looked great.

No worries, thanks for replying!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 30, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.