Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,So I was just wanting to see if anyone had taken the Access to HE healthcare practitioner course and then gone on to study midwifery at university? Just so I know that people have done it and it is possible?I know a few universities ask for specific Access to HE midwifery course but I cant find what the differences are in what the course cover.ThanksMolly

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I’m doing an Access Health Science course at the moment which is aimed towards nursing/midwifery students (although I’m doing OT!) but we have quite a few midwifery hopefuls! If you have any questions let me know
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mollyeast46)
    Hi,So I was just wanting to see if anyone had taken the Access to HE healthcare practitioner course and then gone on to study midwifery at university? Just so I know that people have done it and it is possible?I know a few universities ask for specific Access to HE midwifery course but I cant find what the differences are in what the course cover.ThanksMolly
    Hi, I did an access to higher education (allied health professions) course & im now studying adult nursing. Many students from my access course have gone on to midwifery.
    I wouldn’t worry about the technical name of the course, you can double check the universities you want to apply to will accept it, it appears a lot of colleges are grouping all health professions together to offer one course, the actual subjects you are studying are what the university are interested in. They normally want a certain amount of credits in a science, which it sounds like the course you mentioned will cover.
    To be sure I’d contact the universities you want to apply to and confirm they will accept that course, even if they specify access to midwifery on their websites.
    Good luck with everything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.