Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have received an offer from both Universities of which is ABB.
    Out of the two, which would you recommend in terms of the History course itself, but also travel, nightlife, general vibes and cost of living?
    Any judgements would be appreciated as I cannot decide, cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clegggers)
    I have received an offer from both Universities of which is ABB.
    Out of the two, which would you recommend in terms of the History course itself, but also travel, nightlife, general vibes and cost of living?
    Any judgements would be appreciated as I cannot decide, cheers

Loughborough's history course is relatively new. As a result, many of the modules are shared with their politics and IR courses. That might or might not suit you.

See https://lucas.lboro.ac.uk/epublic/wp...pt=EU&dept2=EU.

ReputationRep:
    Visited both Uni’s for open day’s however not for History.

Firstly, if you’re sporty, Loughborough will suit your very well, if not, more of a city goer, Leicester is right next to the city and you’re able to walk there. Leicester said they were supposed to be “cheapest student city” not sure about the facts on that but think it meant that food, bills etc are pretty cheap. Leicester also has the O2 club thing which seemed very good if you’re into that. To me LBoro seemed a bit far away from anything, have to travel to really go out :/ best to visit yourself if you can though
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing History and Politics and, listening to a mock lecture and seminar, as well as information about their degree, not only is it very insightful and interesting but they also boast the best one of the best research excellence framework for History specifically, they have centre for the universities of the East Midlands specifically for History (LouBo also has this bc theyre in the EM) and, personally, the lecturers were superb. They also have a GREAT network of volunteering such as working with the local archives and even had some students involved in the digging of the 'Car park King' King John so all in all, I absolutely loved it. I think, if Leicester is good for anything, it's good for History so you're in for a treat.

With the 'nightlife' I wouldnt know much but it's got a cool town centre, plenty of jobs, the student accomodation is pretty perfect and you have the choice of two, City Living or Oadby (preferrably the latter for first years). And even if you can't stand Leicester, Birmingham is only a train ride away! I've got to say, the Uni has so many stately buildings and it just feels like a warm and cosy place so I am looking forward to going there (and possibly seeing you lmao)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.