Turn on thread page Beta

Possible to play the system and get an extra £5k? watch

ReputationRep:
    jw

is it possible for a non-English home student to get the SFE payments of £10k for postgrad loans?

I studied in England for 4yrs, and continued to work here. I've been here now, paying council tax, and train tax (i.e. x10 the cost of a train ticket...for the ticket each day, sometimes the train comes, sometimes it doesn't, depends if the driver decided to show up that day I guess)

Anyway, point is, I've been here now for 4.5yrs, so can I just use an old bank statement to prove residency and use that to claim 'English' status and get £10k for a MSc, instead of the measly £5k in Norn Iron?

jw
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    jw

is it possible for a non-English home student to get the SFE payments of £10k for postgrad loans?

I studied in England for 4yrs, and continued to work here. I've been here now, paying council tax, and train tax (i.e. x10 the cost of a train ticket...for the ticket each day, sometimes the train comes, sometimes it doesn't, depends if the driver decided to show up that day I guess)

Anyway, point is, I've been here now for 4.5yrs, so can I just use an old bank statement to prove residency and use that to claim 'English' status and get £10k for a MSc, instead of the measly £5k in Norn Iron?

jw
    Need to be here at least another year and a half imo ans you need to be ordinarily resident for the three years prior to the course. Your uni years wouldnt count.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    jw

jw
    Hi Et Tu, Brute?, I just need to ask a couple of questions in order to advise you there.
    Are you a Northern Ireland national?
    Did you complete a 4 year degree in England and have been living there for around half a year since?

Thank you,

John.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John B SFE)
    Hi Et Tu, Brute?, I just need to ask a couple of questions in order to advise you there.
    Are you a Northern Ireland national?
    Did you complete a 4 year degree in England and have been living there for around half a year since?

Thank you,

John.
    I'm an Irish national from northern Ireland. Yes I had a 4 year course in England. been here for almost a year as a non-student (assuming I begin non-student status as soon as the council start asking for money).

ReputationRep:

Playing the system?!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you can (hopefully you can’t) but even if you can, please don’t. I don’t pay taxes for people to do these sorts of things.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Do it. It's your money the state has stolen.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.