The Student Room Group

Advice from everyone who has applied for a mitigating/extenuating circumstance before

Hi,

Just want to ask something regarding mitigating circumstances (MC). Anyone know of any suitable explanation regarding the submission of a late MC?

For example, I wasn't aware that the certain event in my life would cause me to perform poorly in the exam?
Or I have symptoms of a diabetes (weight loss, vision problems, dizzy)
but I have not been diagnosed?

Thanks
Original post by RS.
Hi,

Just want to ask something regarding mitigating circumstances (MC). Anyone know of any suitable explanation regarding the submission of a late MC?

For example, I wasn't aware that the certain event in my life would cause me to perform poorly in the exam?

Thanks

generally they'd ask for evidence for mc's, do you have anything you could give them?
Original post by RS.
Hi,

Just want to ask something regarding mitigating circumstances (MC). Anyone know of any suitable explanation regardding the submission of a late MC?

Thanks

Symptoms without a diagnosis are worthless, the university will (rightly) have the opinion you're making it all up and you won't have any proof. As soon as the symptoms were more frequent you should have gone straight to your GP for a diagnosis; a doctor's letter with a diagnosis would have been enough to save you.

For the certain event you'd need proof like a death certificate, official letter, etc. depending on what the event was.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
generally they'd ask for evidence for mc's, do you have anything you could give them?

Original post by Glassapple
Symptoms without a diagnosis are worthless, the university will (rightly) have the opinion you're making it all up and you won't have any proof. As soon as the symptoms were more frequent you should have gone straight to your GP for a diagnosis; a doctor's letter with a diagnosis would have been enough to save you.

For the certain event you'd need proof like a death certificate, official letter, etc. depending on what the event was.

I have my past GP consultation history where I have gone in twice regarding the symptoms and they have done tests which have come back normal but I am still experiencing the symptoms.

I also have a counselor letter regarding my depressed state - they did a depression questionnaire and I came out as severely depressed.

I also have a letter from my clinical placement supervisor who I spend 4 weeks with and he was aware of my symptoms and has written me a short statement/report as I was always complaining about the symptoms.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by RS.
I have my past GP consultation history where I have gone in twice regarding the symptoms and they have done tests which have come back normal but I am still experiencing the symptoms.

I also have a counselor letter regarding my depressed state - they did a depression questionnaire and I came out as severely depressed.

ask if they'll accept the counsellor letter.
Reply 5
Original post by claireestelle
ask if they'll accept the counsellor letter.

Generally speaking - do they accept them?
Original post by RS.
Generally speaking - do they accept them?

yes i believe universites would take evidence from a relevant health professional

Quick Reply

Latest