The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Geography H481 - 04/08/14 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Hi, just wondering if anyone has some A-level geography notes they don't mind sharing because I really don't like the OCR textbook...

The topics I do are Changing Places Making Spaces, Earth's Life Support Systems, Coasts, Hazardous Earth, Climate Change, Trade, and Human Rights.

Case studies would also be particularly helpful

Scroll to see replies

bump

The new OCR spec is so ****
Reply 2
Original post by joelcarter
bump

The new OCR spec is so ****

ergh tell me about it
I have notes that are basically just an improved version of the textbook - for Coasts, Migration, Human Rights and Hazards...more will appear as I finish them...my whole school year are using them instead of the textbook because it's so rubbish! They're on Google Drive so if you want to have a look at them...send me a PM with a google email address and I'll share them with you.
Hiya, a new revision guide for the new spec has been released I think. I bought it the other day off amazon for Β£15. Its called "ORC A level Geography my notes" or something similar like that. Also, have you tried the individual revision guides? they're just as good!!

:smile:
Original post by joeycolos
Hiya, a new revision guide for the new spec has been released I think. I bought it the other day off amazon for Β£15. Its called "ORC A level Geography my notes" or something similar like that. Also, have you tried the individual revision guides? they're just as good!!

:smile:

I purchased one of the individual topic revision guides, I found it incredibly vague and it lacked key details that are required to score highly on the essay questions. Not to mention the fact that you have to buy at least 3 of them :frown:

The content of the course is just a complete and utter joke tbh.
Original post by joelcarter
I purchased one of the individual topic revision guides, I found it incredibly vague and it lacked key details that are required to score highly on the essay questions. Not to mention the fact that you have to buy at least 3 of them :frown:

The content of the course is just a complete and utter joke tbh.

Very true! Paper 3, geographical debates looks horrible!
Original post by joeycolos
Very true! Paper 3, geographical debates looks horrible!

Is this one any good? https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision-Notes-level-Geography/dp/1510415513/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1521663596&sr=8-4&keywords=ocr+a+level+geography&dpID=4123XU9T2ML&preST=_SY344_BO1,204,203,200_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Would you be able to send a couple photos of the content of the book so that I can decide whether or not to purchase it?

Cheers
Reply 8
I bought all of them as I'm that desperate but I feel like they still aren't that helpful and they don't include any case studies as well which is a shame.. But then again, I haven't used them that much so I can't really judge them - got so little motivation for geography :rolleyes:
Original post by jamied950
I have notes that are basically just an improved version of the textbook - for Coasts, Migration, Human Rights and Hazards...more will appear as I finish them...my whole school year are using them instead of the textbook because it's so rubbish! They're on Google Drive so if you want to have a look at them...send me a PM with a google email address and I'll share them with you.

Hi Jamie please could you send me your ntoes for hazards I really need some help with my revision :smile:)
Original post by leane.newey
Hi Jamie please could you send me your ntoes for hazards I really need some help with my revision :smile:)

Hi Leane...if you send me your gmail email address over private message - I will be able to add you :smile:
Just a general update - I've uploaded Disease notes with one case study missing at the moment, plus the first half of Earth's Life Support Systems and odd bits of Changing Spaces, Making Places.
does anyone have
"A case study of rebranding – El
Raval, Barcelona, GeoFile 635, Jan 2011"?
Just a general update - I've uploaded Disease notes with one case study missing at the moment, plus the first half of Earth's Life Support Systems and odd bits of Changing Spaces, Making Places.

Hi, my school is also doing OCR geography and all of us are struggling so much and quite frankly, have no idea how to even begin revision. Could u add me to the google drive as well? I can PM you my email?
Reply 14
Original post by coolest16
Hi, my school is also doing OCR geography and all of us are struggling so much and quite frankly, have no idea how to even begin revision. Could u add me to the google drive as well? I can PM you my email?

always reassuring to see i'm not the only one. Are you in year 13?

I've added you :smile: let me know if you can't see all 12 documents that are on there! It sometimes doesn't send everything/
I've added you :smile: let me know if you can't see all 12 documents that are on there! It sometimes doesn't send everything/

I've got them and can see all of them, thank you again.
Original post by Olie212
always reassuring to see i'm not the only one. Are you in year 13?

Yes year 13! :frown:
Reply 18
Yes year 13! :frown:

I think I'm gonna just resit next year because I've kinda given up.. lol
Original post by Olie212
I think I'm gonna just resit next year because I've kinda given up.. lol

I have an offer to do geog at Kings and really don't wanna take a year out :frown:

I just noticed on the OCR geography a level website, that under the practice papers and mark schemes tab, there is a 'geography practice papers' link but it's locked. Have any of your teachers given you these to do yet?

Quick Reply

Latest