Turn on thread page Beta

Okay basically I’m 16 and the guy is 20. Awhile ago we used to work with each other and throughout working together there was flirting and teasing but we also used to talk about relationships, things we were interested in etc. Obviously the age gap was an issue so nothing ever really happened. I few times he slid into my DMs and commented 👀👀👀 on relatively riskè photos I posted. On our last shift working together several hints were made about me liking him and there was a lot of tension. Later on the evening we were snap chatting and he was telling me about how he’d probably end up drunk messaging me so we spoke for a while-teasing each other when at one point he told me to “turn 18” I didn’t know what he might by that so i asked him in the morning but he just apologised and said he didn’t know. Several occasions after that he messaged me first and we’d have random conversations. Also he’s drunk messaged me on numerous occasions. One night he commented on something I put on my story and basically he knew I liked him, I was annoyed that he’d know and not say anything so I lied and said I only like him for a day. He got offended so I admitted I still liked him but also said I didn’t like guys and he asked why, when I explained why he took it so personally as if I was attacking him so we ended up kinda arguing. He ended up patronising me and saying how I need to get the idea of a fairytale dream relationship out my head. He really annoyed me but we made up in the end. Anyway my feelings for him continued to grow and I was 100% sure he felt something for me too (I’ve never been so sure of something) so I basically asked him if he felt the same way and he was really rude and stated that he was “over like double my age” when I asked him to actually answer the question he replied by asking me if I would ever fancy a 12 year old. I know that the age gap is equivalent to him liking me but the mentality of a 12 year old is completely different and yes of course there is a difference between a 16 year old and a 20 year old but it’s not as large. Also I’m very mature for my age, almost too mature sometimes also not to mention my body is more developed-when he first met me thought I was 18. Anyway so we didn’t talk for a while until randomly he sent me a video of him dancing for no reason. Then we went through a long period of not talking at all until a few weeks ago he messaged me to tell me he was leaving the company completely so we spoke for a bit that day. I was also surprised to find that later on in the evening even when the conversation had ended he sent me a snapchat and also commented on a picture I posted on my story - so again we spoke for a while. Anywayyy last week I had a moment of weakness when I messaged him saying that i missed him, he responded by teasing me which annoyed me a little because I just wanted him to say he missed me too (on our last day together he teased me about not missing me before saying that he’d miss me but that it he did he’s just message me). Then during the week I went to the town/city he lives and posted it on my story hoping he’d see it and message me but he didn’t ever message me. Then on Friday/Saturday he drunk messaged me but I didn’t reply. I then saw something on his story and made a joke about it so we spend most of Saturday talking etc and also he asked me why I was in the place he lived the other day which I was surprised he’d even noticed. Despite how rude he was about not liking me I can’t help but feel like he felt something ( I don’t know what he felt/feels) he usually messages me first, drunk messages me. If someone I thought was too young for me liked me I wouldn’t keep messaging them. I get that he might just like someone liking him but if he sees me as that young why would he make those sorts of hints. Everyone I’ve spoken to has said he wouldn’t have told me turn 18 unless he was thinking about something. I know the way I’ve described the situation is probably really awful but I just need to know what other people think. Also he sounds like a F boy but I don’t think he is, he had a girlfriend for 5 years, he’s friends with a lot of girl but not like that also I know that he doesn’t talk to a lot of girls. The easiest explanation is that he is an F boy but I know F boys and I don’t believe he is one. It’s not like he’s getting any perks from talking to me and also he’s an attractive guy; loads of girls would go for him so it’s not like I’m the only girl that finds him attractive

He’s just taking you for a ride, I was in the same situation pretty much and with me being 16 and him 20 it doesn’t work sadly
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Anonymous)
    He’s just taking you for a ride, I was in the same situation pretty much and with me being 16 and him 20 it doesn’t work sadly
    Did anything ever happen between you and him?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.