Turn on thread page Beta

Hi all,

I have what I like to think is a weird body. I've worked out for the most part of a year now strength training, however, I'm now 6ft 2 at 100kg looking to lose the weight.

I'm really self conscious about the way I look NAKED. Yes, naked. When I have clothes on, I feel and others have commented on my size: looking quite big and muscular. Underneath ain't the same though, and it's something I feel very self conscious about....

I've got attention from women in clubs on many nights out before, we've kissed etc but every time things could lead to the bedroom I reject based on my self-consciousness. I honestly feel I look completely different when my clothes are off. Also, from the side I feel I look good but I hate the front view of me.

My question is if a girl was interested in me (clothes on) is it likely to matter with clothes off. This is just in terms of hooking up.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all,

I have what I like to think is a weird body. I've worked out for the most part of a year now strength training, however, I'm now 6ft 2 at 100kg looking to lose the weight.

I'm really self conscious about the way I look NAKED. Yes, naked. When I have clothes on, I feel and others have commented on my size: looking quite big and muscular. Underneath ain't the same though, and it's something I feel very self conscious about....

I've got attention from women in clubs on many nights out before, we've kissed etc but every time things could lead to the bedroom I reject based on my self-consciousness. I honestly feel I look completely different when my clothes are off. Also, from the side I feel I look good but I hate the front view of me.

My question is if a girl was interested in me (clothes on) is it likely to matter with clothes off. This is just in terms of hooking up.
    Would be useful if you posted a body pic. If I liked a guy enough when he was clothed, there's nothing about him unclothed that would put me off (apart from a vagina). A guy's muscles and general body aren't really what's important during sex, it's more how he performs and how fun it is. Could not give a toss if he was a bit flabby. My last ex wasn't particularly toned, all about the sexual chemistry.
    I personally probably wouldn't be attracted to a round chubby guy (if they looked chubby in clothes), but if you look fine in clothes then I don't see why anyone would have a problem with you naked. Remember many girls love a dad bod. Also your height is a massive bonus.
    If you really want then you could always try and lose a little weight but I doubt you're as bad as you think.
    Would you be turned off by a girl who didn't look as toned naked?

ReputationRep:
    Stop focusing on yourself and your own body. Start focusing on the gorgeous woman you're with, next time, and her beautiful body.

And, if a woman has gotten as far as the bedroom with you, do you really think she's going to point at your body and laugh when you take your clothes off? Or do you think she'll be just as turned on as you are and ready to get down business? And as the previous poster quite rightly said, it's what you do that counts for more than how you look when you get to that stage.

It's quite natural that you, as a heterosexual male, do not find naked male bodies attractive - including your own. It's just as well that heterosexual women do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.