Turn on thread page Beta

Guy I have been seeing was dancing with a girl at club? watch

So ive been seeing/ going out with this guy for around 5months. We are not exclusive ( no label like a thing & do couple things). This weekend he went clubbing with his friends, I found a photo on instagram of him and there were a girls arms on his shoulders. They were in background so it was hard to see her.

Im not sure how to feel about this as we are not exclusive and we did talk about how were we only seeing each other around 2 months ago. It does bother me, but since theres no label between us, he can do anything he wants?

Should I end things or talk to him? Im not the person who can confront something like that..
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    As you said, you're not exclusive so you can't really tell him off for doing things with other girls.

Don't end things obviously, that would be an overreaction. You should talk to him, ask him how he feels about you and where you both stand. Communication is important so if he's still unsure about only being with you, now's the best time to ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So ive been seeing/ going out with this guy for around 5months. We are not exclusive ( no label like a thing & do couple things). This weekend he went clubbing with his friends, I found a photo on instagram of him and there were a girls arms on his shoulders. They were in background so it was hard to see her.

Im not sure how to feel about this as we are not exclusive and we did talk about how were we only seeing each other around 2 months ago. It does bother me, but since theres no label between us, he can do anything he wants?

Should I end things or talk to him? Im not the person who can confront something like that..
    I think it is a red flag that you have been going out for 5 months and you still haven't had the exclusive talk yet. Plus, the fact that he goes clubbing with girls means he doesn't want to commit to a relationship.

I know you said it doesn't bother you but it clearly does if you are upset at him being with other girls. It means you want something exclusive and he doesn't.

If you aren't on the same page I would say to just move on.

ReputationRep:

He has done nothing wrong. If you are experiencing negative emotions with regards to the events then unfortunately they are your own fault for not claiming what you desire.

There's nothing i hate more about dating than this modern day culture of 'no labels' or 'breaks'.

Hm in January he asked if I was seeing anyone else and I said no, same for him and if I was looking for a relationship as well he mentioned wanting to take it “slow” to get to know me..
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Lastone123)
    I think it is a red flag that you have been going out for 5 months and you still haven't had the exclusive talk yet. Plus, the fact that he goes clubbing with girls means he doesn't want to commit to a relationship.

I know you said it doesn't bother you but it clearly does if you are upset at him being with other girls. It means you want something exclusive and he doesn't.

If you aren't on the same page I would say to just move on.
    He did mention in January if I was seeing anyone else, I said no and so did he. As well if I was looking for a relationship and that he wants to be more serious wit me but wants to take it slow to get to know me..
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it comes down to what you want. When you had this 'not exclusive/only seeing each other' talk was it an agreement both were happy with or was one of you telling the other/a bit more one sided? If you're sitting getting jealous or upset by it it implies you want things to be more than 'not exclusive'.

If non exclusive was the relationship you wanted then yep, he can dance with whoever he wants and hug/be hugged by whoever he wants, I don't think it's something you can confront someone over as he would have nothing to answer for.

ReputationRep:
    He did mention in January if I was seeing anyone else, I said no and so did he. As well if I was looking for a relationship and that he wants to be more serious wit me but wants to take it slow to get to know me..
    When guys say they want to take it slow it normally means they don't want to commit to a relationship yet. If you have had sex with him you are risking becoming a FWB. I would say keep your distance for now to avoid getting too attached

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.