Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you date someone who lives 1hr away? watch

Announcements

If one of you lives in the big city while the other in a small town. And both are around 20~ years old. But only one of you has a car and the other has to use transit in the city. And you only known each other roughly 1.5 month from a dating app.

Would this circumstance stop you from liking that person?

ReputationRep:
    No, an hour is fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm dating someone who lives almost 3 hours away from me by train so yeah
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    1 hour really isn't that much. You're asking us about your situation by the way, the only thing that matters is how you feel about commuting 1 hour to meet her. You could always meet in the middle too if possible.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    I'm dating someone a 10 hour plane journey away. An hour would be a dream.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's a big world, an hour is nothing, hell my commute to uni and back is 5-6 hours day and it's not even happy to see me

ReputationRep:
    Is 1 hour considered long, lmao??

ReputationRep:
    I once went on a date with a girl who lived 50 miles away [dating site]

In the end I didn't like her, so started ignoring her after the date.

She did make it clear though on the date that she was not going to travel London ever. I thought to myself this girl is having a laugh if she thinks i'm gonna be the one to do all the travelling all the time....

anyways, I wouldn't travel that far again tbh.
    I think if it's over 1 and a half hours journey it's getting a bit too far for me........

1 hour is commutable...my bf and I live on opposite ends of London and we are 2 1/2 hours apart. Living 1 hour away from him would be great.

I'm sorry, do you expect him to live down the road or something?

ReputationRep:
    The girl I was in love with lived 1,600 miles away from me. Ofc, she is not a human being, properly speaking. She's a half-demon. So we didn't have any problems, she flew to me.

ReputationRep:
    1 hour is fine. 1.5 hours is the tops I'd consider before I was seriously invested in someone. Then again I travel a lot for work and don't mind driving so I'm fairly tolerant of bigger distances.

Really though I think if you find someone who is really great for you, most people would put up with a fair distance.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm for me that is too far; i think 45 minutes maximum is more realistic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.