Turn on thread page Beta

Would you date someone who lives 1hr away? watch

If one of you lives in the big city while the other in a small town. And both are around 20~ years old. But only one of you has a car and the other has to use transit in the city. And you only known each other roughly 1.5 month from a dating app.

Would this circumstance stop you from liking that person?

ReputationRep:
    No, an hour is fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm dating someone who lives almost 3 hours away from me by train so yeah
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    1 hour really isn't that much. You're asking us about your situation by the way, the only thing that matters is how you feel about commuting 1 hour to meet her. You could always meet in the middle too if possible.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm dating someone a 10 hour plane journey away. An hour would be a dream.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's a big world, an hour is nothing, hell my commute to uni and back is 5-6 hours day and it's not even happy to see me

ReputationRep:
    Is 1 hour considered long, lmao??

ReputationRep:
    I once went on a date with a girl who lived 50 miles away [dating site]

In the end I didn't like her, so started ignoring her after the date.

She did make it clear though on the date that she was not going to travel London ever. I thought to myself this girl is having a laugh if she thinks i'm gonna be the one to do all the travelling all the time....

anyways, I wouldn't travel that far again tbh.
    I think if it's over 1 and a half hours journey it's getting a bit too far for me........

1 hour is commutable...my bf and I live on opposite ends of London and we are 2 1/2 hours apart. Living 1 hour away from him would be great.

I'm sorry, do you expect him to live down the road or something?

ReputationRep:
    The girl I was in love with lived 1,600 miles away from me. Ofc, she is not a human being, properly speaking. She's a half-demon. So we didn't have any problems, she flew to me.

ReputationRep:
    1 hour is fine. 1.5 hours is the tops I'd consider before I was seriously invested in someone. Then again I travel a lot for work and don't mind driving so I'm fairly tolerant of bigger distances.

Really though I think if you find someone who is really great for you, most people would put up with a fair distance.

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm for me that is too far; i think 45 minutes maximum is more realistic.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.