Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Some context is i live in central london, im in my first year of a levels and i want to move out for uni but im most likely going to go to a uni in central london so i dont think I'll get the student finance/loans to cover accommodation if i live so close and my parents wont be able to help me out financially at all.
    Theres just no way i can live at home anymore but i have no idea how to go about looking for a place or what finance im entitled to. Where is usually the cheapest area in London (i know i probably wont be able to afford living in central) and is there somewhere in specific i can find people to rent with because most of the people i know are moving out of London or staying at home.
    Any help is appreciated
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by filmaker)
    Some context is i live in central london, im in my first year of a levels and i want to move out for uni but im most likely going to go to a uni in central london so i dont think I'll get the student finance/loans to cover accommodation if i live so close and my parents wont be able to help me out financially at all.
    Theres just no way i can live at home anymore but i have no idea how to go about looking for a place or what finance im entitled to. Where is usually the cheapest area in London (i know i probably wont be able to afford living in central) and is there somewhere in specific i can find people to rent with because most of the people i know are moving out of London or staying at home.
    Any help is appreciated
    You can either choose to live at home or not.
    You get the appropriate level of finance.
    SFE dont insist you live at home.

You can either apply for uni accommodation in year 1 (there is often a shortage for unis in London and it can be allocated to people most in need) or find private rented houseshares.

https://student.spareroom.co.uk/
    Local letting agents
    Help from your unis accommodation office.

You need to know your uni first imo. You will need a a 4-8 week deposit plus maybe even first months rent depending on terms. They may want this before you are paid student finance. You may need to get a job.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.