Moving out for uni Watch

filmaker
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Some context is i live in central london, im in my first year of a levels and i want to move out for uni but im most likely going to go to a uni in central london so i dont think I'll get the student finance/loans to cover accommodation if i live so close and my parents wont be able to help me out financially at all.
Theres just no way i can live at home anymore but i have no idea how to go about looking for a place or what finance im entitled to. Where is usually the cheapest area in London (i know i probably wont be able to afford living in central) and is there somewhere in specific i can find people to rent with because most of the people i know are moving out of London or staying at home.
Any help is appreciated
999tigger
  • Very Important Poster
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by filmaker)
Some context is i live in central london, im in my first year of a levels and i want to move out for uni but im most likely going to go to a uni in central london so i dont think I'll get the student finance/loans to cover accommodation if i live so close and my parents wont be able to help me out financially at all.
Theres just no way i can live at home anymore but i have no idea how to go about looking for a place or what finance im entitled to. Where is usually the cheapest area in London (i know i probably wont be able to afford living in central) and is there somewhere in specific i can find people to rent with because most of the people i know are moving out of London or staying at home.
Any help is appreciated
You can either choose to live at home or not.
You get the appropriate level of finance.
SFE dont insist you live at home.

You can either apply for uni accommodation in year 1 (there is often a shortage for unis in London and it can be allocated to people most in need) or find private rented houseshares.

https://student.spareroom.co.uk/
Local letting agents
Help from your unis accommodation office.

You need to know your uni first imo. You will need a a 4-8 week deposit plus maybe even first months rent depending on terms. They may want this before you are paid student finance. You may need to get a job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.54%
No (392)
72.46%

Watched Threads