ChrisL7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm trying to get my student loan for computing (G401) to Glasgow Caledonian uni starting in 2018, when I search for the course it shows a 5 year course but the course should be 4 years. If I select that course I don't know which entry year to select. Is this the right course and which year do I choose as my entry year? I should be starting in the first year for 4 years.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ChrisL7)
I'm trying to get my student loan for computing (G401) to Glasgow Caledonian uni starting in 2018, when I search for the course it shows a 5 year course but the course should be 4 years. If I select that course I don't know which entry year to select. Is this the right course and which year do I choose as my entry year? I should be starting in the first year for 4 years.
Give GCU a quick ring to ask them - they set the details of the courses on the student finance systems so it could be that they want everyone to be listed on the 5 year version or it could be that they've made a mistake
John B SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi ChrisL7,

As PQ said, the best thing to do is contact GCU. I've had a look on their course system and it's only showing a 5 year course.

Kind regards,

John.
ChrisL7
Rep:
?
(Original post by John B SFE)
Hi ChrisL7,

As PQ said, the best thing to do is contact GCU. I've had a look on their course system and it's only showing a 5 year course.

Kind regards,

John.
I just contacted GCU, they confirmed it is a 2-4 year course and said I should contact student finance or it could be something to do with retaking a year but that doesn't sound right. Not sure where to go from here or if it might be a mistake they've made somehow?
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just contacted GCU, they confirmed it is a 2-4 year course and said I should contact student finance or it could be something to do with retaking a year but that doesn't sound right. Not sure where to go from here or if it might be a mistake they've made somehow?
Hi ChrisL7,

The universities update the database with all eligible courses, what is the name of the course, length and start date of the course that you are looking to do and I will check for you?

Thanks Rona
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rona SFE)
Hi ChrisL7,

The universities update the database with all eligible courses, what is the name of the course, length and start date of the course that you are looking to do and I will check for you?

Thanks Rona
It was listed in the first post https://www.gcu.ac.uk/study/courses/...2768/Computing
ChrisL7
Rep:
?
Hi ChrisL7,

Thanks Rona
Yes as PQ said the link is https://www.gcu.ac.uk/study/courses/...2768/Computing. It's BSc (Hons) Computing (G401), 4 years, start date is 17th September 2018 I believe.

Thanks for all your help everyone
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi ChrisL7,

Thanks Rona
Hi ChrisL7,

I have checked our database there is only a five year course listed.

If the university are offering a four year course, which includes a placement year, they would need to update the database to include a four year option.

Are you entering year one of the course?

Thanks Rona
ChrisL7
Rep:
?
Hi ChrisL7,

I have checked our database there is only a five year course listed.

If the university are offering a four year course, which includes a placement year, they would need to update the database to include a four year option.

Are you entering year one of the course?

Thanks Rona
Yes I'm entering year one of the course.
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes I'm entering year one of the course.
Hi ChrisL7,

If you are entering year one are you doing the same course but without the placement year ?

If so the university should list a 4 year option on the database, then you will be able to find your course.

Thanks Rona
ChrisL7
Rep:
?
Hi ChrisL7,

If you are entering year one are you doing the same course but without the placement year ?

If so the university should list a 4 year option on the database, then you will be able to find your course.

Thanks Rona
Yes I believe that is correct, should I contact them and ask them to add a 4 year option?
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes I believe that is correct, should I contact them and ask them to add a 4 year option?
Hi ChrisL7,

Yes contact the university, once they have added a 4 year option you can be confident you will be able to select your course and apply.

Thanks Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (11)
7.28%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (26)
17.22%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
16.56%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
13.91%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (42)
27.81%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.22%

Watched Threads