Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to get my student loan for computing (G401) to Glasgow Caledonian uni starting in 2018, when I search for the course it shows a 5 year course but the course should be 4 years. If I select that course I don't know which entry year to select. Is this the right course and which year do I choose as my entry year? I should be starting in the first year for 4 years.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by ChrisL7)
    I'm trying to get my student loan for computing (G401) to Glasgow Caledonian uni starting in 2018, when I search for the course it shows a 5 year course but the course should be 4 years. If I select that course I don't know which entry year to select. Is this the right course and which year do I choose as my entry year? I should be starting in the first year for 4 years.
    Give GCU a quick ring to ask them - they set the details of the courses on the student finance systems so it could be that they want everyone to be listed on the 5 year version or it could be that they've made a mistake
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi ChrisL7,

As PQ said, the best thing to do is contact GCU. I've had a look on their course system and it's only showing a 5 year course.

Kind regards,

John.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John B SFE)
    Hi ChrisL7,

As PQ said, the best thing to do is contact GCU. I've had a look on their course system and it's only showing a 5 year course.

Kind regards,

John.
    I just contacted GCU, they confirmed it is a 2-4 year course and said I should contact student finance or it could be something to do with retaking a year but that doesn't sound right. Not sure where to go from here or if it might be a mistake they've made somehow?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    I just contacted GCU, they confirmed it is a 2-4 year course and said I should contact student finance or it could be something to do with retaking a year but that doesn't sound right. Not sure where to go from here or if it might be a mistake they've made somehow?
    Hi ChrisL7,

The universities update the database with all eligible courses, what is the name of the course, length and start date of the course that you are looking to do and I will check for you?

Thanks Rona
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi ChrisL7,

The universities update the database with all eligible courses, what is the name of the course, length and start date of the course that you are looking to do and I will check for you?

Thanks Rona
    It was listed in the first post https://www.gcu.ac.uk/study/courses/...2768/Computing

ReputationRep:
    Hi ChrisL7,

Thanks Rona
    Yes as PQ said the link is https://www.gcu.ac.uk/study/courses/...2768/Computing. It's BSc (Hons) Computing (G401), 4 years, start date is 17th September 2018 I believe.

Thanks for all your help everyone
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi ChrisL7,

Thanks Rona
    Hi ChrisL7,

I have checked our database there is only a five year course listed.

If the university are offering a four year course, which includes a placement year, they would need to update the database to include a four year option.

Are you entering year one of the course?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Hi ChrisL7,

I have checked our database there is only a five year course listed.

If the university are offering a four year course, which includes a placement year, they would need to update the database to include a four year option.

Are you entering year one of the course?

Thanks Rona
    Yes I'm entering year one of the course.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Yes I'm entering year one of the course.
    Hi ChrisL7,

If you are entering year one are you doing the same course but without the placement year ?

If so the university should list a 4 year option on the database, then you will be able to find your course.

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Hi ChrisL7,

If you are entering year one are you doing the same course but without the placement year ?

If so the university should list a 4 year option on the database, then you will be able to find your course.

Thanks Rona
    Yes I believe that is correct, should I contact them and ask them to add a 4 year option?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Yes I believe that is correct, should I contact them and ask them to add a 4 year option?
    Hi ChrisL7,

Yes contact the university, once they have added a 4 year option you can be confident you will be able to select your course and apply.

Thanks Rona

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.