Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I’m looking to go to Bangor in September. I’m not sure wether to stay in St Mary’s Village or Ffriddoedd. Is St Mary’s more secluded or does Ffriddoedd have more of a social aspect to it? Thank you!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Which course will you be doing? Ffriddoedd site is closer to Main Arts and Normal, while St Marys is closer to Deiniol. This could be a factor for you

ReputationRep:
    Clinical psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miku14)
    Hi. I’m looking to go to Bangor in September. I’m not sure wether to stay in St Mary’s Village or Ffriddoedd. Is St Mary’s more secluded or does Ffriddoedd have more of a social aspect to it? Thank you!!
    St Mary's is at the top of a very steep hill, so unless you're happy being a bit isolated, then St Mary's is fine. I'd say Ffriddoedd is a much more popular choice for freshers, AFAIK there's more of a community feel and it's nearer the Main campus (and Brigantia, which is the building which houses most Psychology courses).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    St Mary's is at the top of a very steep hill, so unless you're happy being a bit isolated, then St Mary's is fine. I'd say Ffriddoedd is a much more popular choice for freshers, AFAIK there's more of a community feel and it's nearer the Main campus (and Brigantia, which is the building which houses most Psychology courses).
    So is St Mary’s more secluded then? Like is there less involvement with the student sort of life and more mature students there? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miku14)
    So is St Mary’s more secluded then? Like is there less involvement with the student sort of life and more mature students there? Thank you!
    I would say it's a lot more secluded, because people that don't live there don't usually go up all that way and people are reluctant to come down into town for short periods of time. I think St Mary's does have freshers living up there, but most of the people I know who live there are postgrads and internationals, so I can't say for sure what proportions of students live there.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here.You might want to take a look at Fresh Student Living; we have 5 student accommodation buildings in Bangor city centre, all within a 10 minute walk from campus.We offer en-suite rooms within shared apartments as well as studio apartments, so there’s something to meet everyone’s needs.And if you’d like to talk to us or wish to arrange a viewing, just pop us a quick email [email protected] Thanks,Sioned

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.