Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I have a pupillage interview at Colleton Chambers, has anyone had an interview there before and is able to help me with it? Any help will be much appreciated and will return the favor in anyway I can

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'd post this in the main pupillage thread if you haven't already, as that tends to be where most people ask about past pupillage interviews.

One note of caution, though, is that there is no guarantee that pupillage interviews in the same set will be the same year to year in terms of format or content. Certain sets do have similar processes (such as assessment days or assessed mini pupillages), but particularly with smaller regional sets (of which Colleton is one) there is perhaps a higher risk that any feedback you can be given from previous years' applicants may not be of any practical use to you this year.

Another wider point is that I do have some doubts as to how useful such feedback is even if there is some accuracy to it, because at the very least substantive questions will change year to year, and really if you are a good enough candidate you should be able to adapt to what is thrown at you in these situations. To that end I'm not entirely convinced that getting feedback from others will actually give you any notable advantage, though of course I understand why you'd think it would, and I'm sure there are examples where people feel that such feedback has helped them. Perhaps to that end this is all just me being a bit cynical.

Best of luck with your interview

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.