Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do I know if my Halifax is contactless, just arrived today but my other card has the symbol this one doesn't. I requested to have a contactless card and they said every replacement comes as a new contactless. I don't see the sign/symbol anywhere? unless its this small grey chip thing lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If it doesn't have the symbol then I don't think it is. Go into your local branch and ask.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Theguynextdoor)
    How do I know if my Halifax is contactless, just arrived today but my other card has the symbol this one doesn't. I requested to have a contactless card and they said every replacement comes as a new contactless. I don't see the sign/symbol anywhere? unless its this small grey chip thing lol
    Is there a letter with the card stating it's contactless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Is there a letter with the card stating it's contactless?
    Letter says nothing good at all, so retarded.

It said on the website, ask for a replacement - automatically we will send you a contactless card, well it looks exactly the same as the old one. Don't think I will go to a branch as I don't have the time hence why I ordered online, didn't realise they can send faulty cards out.

What a **** bank. Other banks send it quicker with conctactless at least
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Theguynextdoor)
    Letter says nothing good at all, so retarded.

It said on the website, ask for a replacement - automatically we will send you a contactless card, well it looks exactly the same as the old one. Don't think I will go to a branch as I don't have the time hence why I ordered online, didn't realise they can send faulty cards out.

What a **** bank. Other banks send it quicker with conctactless at least
    That's odd. I thought, unless you actually requested, you were sent a contactless by default. I've had 2 replacements since August and both have been contactless.

I may be wrong but I believe some banks have an age limit as to when you can get a contactless card, otherwise I would say the bank made an error.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.