Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Having doubts watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Providing I pass the professional skills tests I will be studying an integrated masters in primary education in September, only I'm now having second thoughts. I have 2 children of my own and am wondering whether I will cope. Plus once qualified, from what I have researched, will have very little free time due to meetings and planning. If there is support at uni then I'm sure I will be fine but I really don't know what to expect.

Thanks in advance for any advise/ insights.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    have you got any school experience? this should give you some insights to what life will be like as a teacher

ReputationRep:
    Yea it's hard to give advice as everyone studies in their own pace and way, I spend like 90% of my waking life on uni work but a huge chunk of it is is procrastination and refusing to do stuff. One thing ill say is the colleges and unis i've been to in last few years are big on student support in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sceptical_John)
    have you got any school experience? this should give you some insights to what life will be like as a teacher
    I do have school experience but I leave at between 3.30 and 4.00 because there is nothing the teachers need me to do and they are often going to meetings anyway. I'm guess I will get a better idea when uni send me to placements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StriderHort)
    Yea it's hard to give advice as everyone studies in their own pace and way, I spend like 90% of my waking life on uni work but a huge chunk of it is is procrastination and refusing to do stuff. One thing ill say is the colleges and unis i've been to in last few years are big on student support in general.
    That's actually made me feel a bit better about it thanks. What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    I’m similarly worried about managing. I’m going back to university to do pgde primary in a August. I’ve got 3 children aged between 1-6 and other caring duties. I desperately want to do this and do it well but it’s very overwhelming.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.