The Student Room Group

Unsure about next steps in life

So i'm 27 (nearly 30) I've reached a crossroads in life, and everything I thought I previously enjoyed and liked have changed.

Basically I am caught between a job I hate (that is dead end and pays min wage), and studying for a Master's degree which I think I may drop out of because I have lost interest and motivation for the course (part of this is due to mental health and partly my heart is no longer in it).

But whats more frustrating, I have no other direction in my life; obviously I have a degree but not interested in my field anymore.

I've been applying for jobs and had a few interviews and assessment days but always lose out at interview stage.

Part of this reason is nerves (social anxiety) and because I feel like I dont have tangible enough examples to demonstrate my competency (despite having a work history).

I would love to just go travelling and escape this country, as im an explorer at heart but I dont have the money.

I also have debts and responsibilities so cant do this.

Any advice?
How about teaching English as a foreign language? You do a brief course here then they send you abroad to teach English to students there
First of all:

What are your hobbies, your passions in life?
What type of jobs can involve those things?
Is it hard to get a job like that and would it require a lot of effort?

If you can't get a job doing something you love then the next best thing is something you like! (Take me for an example I love playing games and art, if I weren't to get a job in these industries then I would get a job to do with crafting or customer service since I like helping people and making stuff.)

If you can't get a job you like go for the least hated one and make up for the bad times by doing something you love with your free time.

Any questions either reply to this or PM me. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending