Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got a 64bit a HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab150sa
    with AMD A8 but I cannot find the drivers for the WiFi card.
    I've installed the one from Intel and HP but none of them work. IT's really taking the p.

Does anyone have the same/similar laptop that I can copy and paste your drivers?

Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Are any previous drivers installed? Have you tried uninstalling all drivers associated to the WiFi card and then reinstalling one correct driver? There's no reason to think installing the correct driver from Intel or HP won't work, why do you think it's a driver issue? What exactly is the problem?

ReputationRep:
    The latop was on windows 10 originally, I downgraded to a fresh copy of windows 7.
    now when i install the wifi driver, the wifi will turn on and connect temporarily, but eventually not see any networks.
    I also noticed the flight mode button doesn't disable the wifi.

I know windows 7 is a bit older, but looking up the hardware id, there are plenty of drivers for intel ac 3165, none of which seem to be working properly. thats the problem and its a problem a lot of people have been experiencing. So im wondering if there is anyone with the same laptop, with same drivers that I can use instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzaahmad786)
    The latop was on windows 10 originally, I downgraded to a fresh copy of windows 7.
    now when i install the wifi driver, the wifi will turn on and connect temporarily, but eventually not see any networks.
    I also noticed the flight mode button doesn't disable the wifi.

I know windows 7 is a bit older, but looking up the hardware id, there are plenty of drivers for intel ac 3165, none of which seem to be working properly. thats the problem and its a problem a lot of people have been experiencing. So im wondering if there is anyone with the same laptop, with same drivers that I can use instead.
    Hi,

My HP Pavillion 15 runs Windows 7, even though it started off with Windows 10.

Drivers for me were a right pain and I got someone else to set up Windows for me. But nonetheless, when I get access to my laptop again, I'll have a look at the driver that I have, and let you know. It should work fine.
    What is more likely is that a pre-requisite driver (that is required for Windows 7 to work nicely with other drivers) is not installed properly.

According to Intel, here is the download link for the latest drivers:
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...?product=89450

Remember to choose either 32-bit or 64-bit, depending on what your system is (most are 64 bit).

However, I would not recommend using Windows 7 as a main operating system at this current time, as there is only 2 years left before Microsoft pulls the plug on support, and Windows 7 becomes vulnerable to attacks (like Windows XP). I would recommend dual booting, so that you can run Windows 7 for software that won't run very well under Windows 10; but keep Windows 10 as your main operating system.

Hope that helps

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.