Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I live in Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire and I don't drive. I want to commute to uni but I've only found two ways of getting there via public transport. Both of them take just under two hours to get there.

Do any of you guys know a faster route?

Thanks!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by jakegoodson)
    I live in Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire and I don't drive. I want to commute to uni but I've only found two ways of getting there via public transport. Both of them take just under two hours to get there.

Do any of you guys know a faster route?

Thanks!
    Hey UnclePete can you help with this one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Hertfordshire)
    Hey UnclePete can you help with this one?
    As the crow flies, Sawbridgeworth is not so far but as regards east -west easy public transport links it`s rather convoluted with nothing less than around two hours :

From S/bw Arriva services 508/9/10 will take you to Harlow, where from there is the Arriva Greenline 724 ( Harlow- Hertford-Hatfield- St.Albans- Watford etc. ) but note the nearest this service stops for the College Lane campus is the Galleria, about 8 mins walk, or get of at Ellenbrook Lane ( by The Sports Village , two or so mins walk from the bus interchange at de Hav and/or the free shuttle on to College Lane)

The only UNO service that would be of use is the 341/641 from Broxbourne Station - this would mean most likely train first S/bw to Broxbourne & change there. Unfortunately the former UNO 700 service from Stanstead Airport to the two UH campuses that passed through nearby Bishops` Stortford is no more. You could also if you wish continue on the train to Hertford East, slightly shy of 10mins walk from Hertford Bus station, for the 341/641 but this would mean a train change at Broxbourne.

Another mainly train option is Broxbourne - Tottenham Hale, then Victoria Line underground to Finsbury Park & overground on to Hatfield then taking a bus from the station to the UH .

From Harlow there is also service 410 to Broxbourne and the 424 to Hertford where as said above the 341/641 also calls, but I have tried to give you the options with as few changes as possible.

The 341/641 is to have timing changes as from 01 April to hopefully improve reliability as there have been many issues about late running especially in peak hours school days- the one most likely of use to you which currently leaves Broxbourne Station at 07.50 and more often than not drops twenty plus minutes because of traffic en-route will be ( provisionally at present ) retimed to leave at 07.36 ( it will stay at 07.50 school holidays, as it is normally not a problem then). This arrives at The Forum 08.51, de Hav 08.57. The one previous to that will be Broxbourne 06.42, Forum 07.39, dH 07.48

You can check out more info for yourself by having a look around the Hertfordshire County Council ( HCC) travel site on www.intalink.org.uk - this also gives all the bus times you need. For UNO info go www.unobus.info for Arriva www.arrivabus.co.uk/herts-and-essex Both UNO & Arriva also have an App.

Train info. other than online if you wish can be obtained 24/7 on 03457 484950.

Hope this helps: let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 13, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.