Turn on thread page Beta

Hello
    I didn't know where to post this so this seems like the best place for advice.
    I work as a support worker for a fairly large company based in the UK, been working there just over a year.
    My job has it's stresses but I always do it to my best ability.
    However this morning I arrived at work to do my shift after my holidays only to be turned away by my manager.
    The reason for this is neglect, they haven't suspended me only moved me to a different house.

She said there is an on going investigation and it's quite serious.
    Recently one of our tenants hasn't been herself and in/out of hospital.
    She's always tired and in need of sleep.

So one morning I decided to give her a lie in, as she had nothing to do that day and she wanted to sleep, I had changed her before bed and then before I went to bed to make sure she comfortable.
    She can move herself and will always let us know if she's in any pain or discomfort so she continued sleeping.

I notified the next person on shift, that she was tired and I had sorted medication and personal care out.
    Colleague didn't seem happy she had to get someone out of bed (they have left people in bed for me too, only so the tenant could have more sleep) this could be one reason why

Second reason is the same lady fell off a chair because she kept falling asleep. I was on my own on shift looking after three people (not meant to be, we are short staffed) so I couldn't keep my eyes on her

She fell off the sofa because she fell asleep, she was fine
    Checked her over for bumps and any injuries and documented it in an incident report. She was her usual self, laughing and like I said before she would always let me know if she was in pain or discomfort.
    So I told the next person on shift what the incident report was for

Came back into a shift to be roared at by my manager
    The tenant had a fractured hand (although they think it was before she fell) and manager was saying you should have rang on call
    (Falls aren't unusual in our house and nobody rings on call unless it's serious)
    Spoke to my manager and explained myself and that was resolved.

So I went off for a weeks holiday thought nothing of it and just ignored calls from work (think ing they were gonna ask me to do overtime)
    To come into this today.

People get accused all the time in my job of horrendous stuff, they always turn out innocent.

I'm being investigated for neglect when I've done nothing wrong and yet someone didn't get morphine for a dying tenant...they didn't get investigated at all. How is that possible??

I'm a mess right now, evaluating everything
    My debts, my house and I could lose everything through this false allegation
    Even uni would be pointless

They haven't told me what I've been accused of doing, the investigation process or what's gonna happen.

ReputationRep:
    Some people like to take power too seriously, I hope you'll be fine in the end.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It’s one of those circumstances you just have to wait out until the outcome is given. I have had a few similar instances in my life and yeah, it’s hell. You can’t sleep or eat properly, your routine gets disrupted, you go over everything you could have possibly done in your head, but realistically it’s not down to you at this point, it’s going to be a lot of listening and waiting.
    I feel for you, I really do, you seem to like this job or at least not mind it - is it something you’ve been eager to do or related directly to your degree? Not to jump the gun but if something should happen, try exploring different avenues of possible work or alternate companies you could go to do to support work. Again, it’s worth just waiting and listening before doing anything hasty, but it’s worth just mulling over a bit of this job is not exactly providing you with the career prospects you longed for.

(Original post by Lily048)
    It’s one of those circumstances you just have to wait out until the outcome is given. I have had a few similar instances in my life and yeah, it’s hell. You can’t sleep or eat properly, your routine gets disrupted, you go over everything you could have possibly done in your head, but realistically it’s not down to you at this point, it’s going to be a lot of listening and waiting.
    I feel for you, I really do, you seem to like this job or at least not mind it - is it something you’ve been eager to do or related directly to your degree? Not to jump the gun but if something should happen, try exploring different avenues of possible work or alternate companies you could go to do to support work. Again, it’s worth just waiting and listening before doing anything hasty, but it’s worth just mulling over a bit of this job is not exactly providing you with the career prospects you longed for.
    This is killing me
    Paramedic science, which I know will be affected by these claims.

I'm also sad I can't look after the people I used too, they became like family.
    These social care jobs are too risky sometimes, I even got told that putting medication with yoghurt (to help them swallow betterr) is neglect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This is killing me
    Paramedic science, which I know will be affected by these claims.

I'm also sad I can't look after the people I used too, they became like family.
    These social care jobs are too risky sometimes, I even got told that putting medication with yoghurt (to help them swallow betterr) is neglect.
    I honestly wish I had the perfect advice for you but I don’t. The fact that you care so much - unlike so many others - says more about your character than any piece of paper ever will. You will get through this, try your best to eat properly, get in some exercise to clear your mind and don’t look too much into the future. This won’t last forever and I hope it all turns out for the best in the end

ReputationRep:
    Do you have union representation?

I honestly wish I had the perfect advice for you but I don’t. The fact that you care so much - unlike so many others - says more about your character than any piece of paper ever will. You will get through this, try your best to eat properly, get in some exercise to clear your mind and don’t look too much into the future. This won’t last forever and I hope it all turns out for the best in the end
    My boss rang me this morning and said she's investigating it and will let me know at the end of the week
    More than likely it will be a dismissal

Heart broken tbh, because I know I've made a few mistakes but it wasn't intentional.

Still gobsmacked at this, but there's nothing I can do.
    Even if I want another job I can't get one.
    Not slept, ate or done anything.

I've argued with my family over it all, they don't think I did it though. They know I genuinely care about my job because I get upset. Feel ashamed that I've been accused of this, no chance I could tell my boyfriend how I lost the job

ReputationRep:
    My boss rang me this morning and said she's investigating it and will let me know at the end of the week
    More than likely it will be a dismissal

Heart broken tbh, because I know I've made a few mistakes but it wasn't intentional.

Still gobsmacked at this, but there's nothing I can do.
    Even if I want another job I can't get one.
    Not slept, ate or done anything.

I've argued with my family over it all, they don't think I did it though. They know I genuinely care about my job because I get upset. Feel ashamed that I've been accused of this, no chance I could tell my boyfriend how I lost the job
    I’m so so sorry. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it, I can’t imagine how you must be feeling right now.
    You will have success in the future, your dedication shows and very few people have that.
    How long has it been since you’ve graduated? Just wondering if your university would be able to offer any assistance to you.

I’m so so sorry. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it, I can’t imagine how you must be feeling right now.
    You will have success in the future, your dedication shows and very few people have that.
    How long has it been since you’ve graduated? Just wondering if your university would be able to offer any assistance to you.
    Thank you so much
    Had good news today, I'm now working in another house and I like it a lot more.

Basically I think the stress of working alone made me make mistakes
    My boss told me it's up to HR to decide if I keep my job, I'll know by Friday

******** myself
    Only a year but I wanna go back and study something else like chemistry

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much
    Had good news today, I'm now working in another house and I like it a lot more.

Basically I think the stress of working alone made me make mistakes
    My boss told me it's up to HR to decide if I keep my job, I'll know by Friday

******** myself
    Only a year but I wanna go back and study something else like chemistry
    Wow things have moved fast! Fair play though, at least there’s something on the horizon there for you!
    Do you feel like your degree has led you down the wrong path or is it just s yearning to be back in education again do you think?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.