Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When was the first time you drank alcohol? What was it? Where? WHY?

And when was the first time you got drunk?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Half a can of cheap beer in the park with some friends. Didn’t get drunk though (far from it lol). Just wanted to try it out i guess

ReputationRep:
    A dunk of my dummy in my Nan's brandy when I was about 18 months old, probably.

Wine with Xmas dinner from 11.

Lager/bitter at a family do when I was about 12 and shortly after that I started getting 4 tins a week.

Dunno the first time I was drunk, but I've only ever been falling over, really out of it pissed once and I was about 23.

ReputationRep:
    The first time I got drunk was when I was 15. Me and my best friend were in my house cooking spaghetti for dinner and we thought it would be fun to take shots whilst cooking. Lo and behold, one shot turned to three, and three to ten. My friend, being a smaller person, was completely blottered by the time we finished making the food. I wanted to get as drunk as he was, so I kept taking shots. This encouraged my already drunk friend to continue drinking. By the end of the night, we had probably consumed close to 25 units of alcohol, through shots alone. During this time a) phoned up a person I hated and told them I loved them b) watched a hefty portion of Spongebob and c) broke a nightstand. Me and my friend then proceeded to throw up violently all over my room, including on the bed and out the window. We passed out and I woke up with the worst hangover I've ever had, and likely ever will have. The best part is, we had a badminton tournament the same morning, with our matches starting at noon. We begrudgingly attended and stumbled around the courts, somehow winning our matches, with breaks to throw up in the badminton hall's toilets between games. My parents never found out me and my friend had drank at all as we managed to clean up all the mess we had made over the course of about two hours before we had to leave for the tournament.

ReputationRep:
    Never had a sip of alcohol and I personally don’t want to, don’t know how I’ll make friends in uni aha

ReputationRep:
    I was 14 me and a few friends had a party with older people 14-21, they all brought the beer vodka wine and weed cigarettes and cocaine. I got pissed that night haha. Made out with some of those older guys, played spin the bottle, had some deep convos, best night of my life so far - well it happened about 4 months ago so nothing’s happened in my life so far haha!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.