Can I still get a first in my degree? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I have completed 8.66667% of my degree so far, and my marks have averaged about 61.5.

I have had some adverse circumstances affecting me of late. My most recent essay received a mark of 65, whereas my first ones (when things were really bad) received a 54 and a 61.

If things continue to get better and my marks increase, can I still get a first overall, despite my average being a little less for the first part of my degree?

(In my first year, when I had less severe circumstances to contend with, all of my essays averaged about a 67-68).

Thanks!
ageshallnot
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have completed 8.66667% of my degree so far, and my marks have averaged about 61.5.

I have had some adverse circumstances affecting me of late. My most recent essay received a mark of 65, whereas my first ones (when things were really bad) received a 54 and a 61.

If things continue to get better and my marks increase, can I still get a first overall, despite my average being a little less for the first part of my degree?

(In my first year, when I had less severe circumstances to contend with, all of my essays averaged about a 67-68).

Thanks!
Yes. Degree regulations vary between universities so check yours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.71%
No (587)
72.29%

Watched Threads