Can I ask universities for alternative conditions? Watch

Apogeotou
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Let's say that a university offers me a place for AAA. I'm doing 3 A-levels at the moment and I find it very difficult to get an A in Chemistry.

So my question is, since I'm also doing AS Further Maths (so half of the A-level), could I suggest to the university to change these conditions to A*AB in the 3 A-levels (with A* in Maths instead of A, and B in Chemistry i stead of A) and also with A in Further Maths? By the way, I'm applying for Physics, not Chemistry.
luciferhf
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
yes but they will probably tell you they have considered your application fully. worth trying, they will not revoke
Vikingninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You can ask for what they will do in such scenarios, do not ask them to actually do so.
SarcAndSpark
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Apogeotou)
Let's say that a university offers me a place for AAA. I'm doing 3 A-levels at the moment and I find it very difficult to get an A in Chemistry.

So my question is, since I'm also doing AS Further Maths (so half of the A-level), could I suggest to the university to change these conditions to A*AB in the 3 A-levels (with A* in Maths instead of A, and B in Chemistry i stead of A) and also with A in Further Maths? By the way, I'm applying for Physics, not Chemistry.
There's no harm in asking, I suppose, but it's very unlikely the uni will change their standard offer just because you are struggling. If you had mitigating circumstances, it might be different.

It's very likely if you end up with A*AB they will let you in anyway unless it's a very popular university/course. I almost think that sending an email asking for your conditional offer to be changed would count against you in this situation, though.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (635)
91.1%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (62)
8.9%

Watched Threads