Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need to get 50% overall in each module but we have In Course Assessments (ICAs) that are worth 33.3% of the overall module and the exams are worth 66.6%, how do I work out how much I need in the exam in order to hit the 50% needed to pass the year? I have 65%, 65%, 75% and 85% in the ICAs.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by CatTaylor)
    I need to get 50% overall in each module but we have In Course Assessments (ICAs) that are worth 33.3% of the overall module and the exams are worth 66.6%, how do I work out how much I need in the exam in order to hit the 50% needed to pass the year? I have 65%, 65%, 75% and 85% in the ICAs.
    Assuming that each module only has one ICA and one exam, you need 44%, 44%, 38% and 33% respectively.

You use the equation 0.5 = (0.333 x [ICA score]) + (0.666 x [required exam score]) to work it out. You can rearrange that. I know it's formatted horribly

Since this doesn't appear to be related to vet med, I'm going to move this to a more appropriate forum now

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.