Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    as per the title.

I'm not trying to be annoying or anything, but I really do need help choosing whether or not if I should attend my next interview at QUB, Considering I've already got an offer from Barts, which is where I plan to go.

I cant seem to get myself to prepare for interview as I've got exams to deal with and revise as well.

Besides, my parents had told me that on the day of my interview (14th), Belfast would have strong winds which may affect my journey home, they also dont see the point of me going...

I dont have an opinion as to whether if I want to go or not, I just want to secure another insurance choice since I've only got 1 offer atm. I had applied and interviewed at UEA already but havent heard back, so really confused what to do atm...

tl;dr should i bail my interview at QUB since I've already got an offer from Barts

ReputationRep:
    If Barts is your first choice, then yes I'd probably skip any future interviews.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't skip interviews in case of missing grade requirements and not having an insurance. It's worth going-it may change your mind about the uni.

ReputationRep:
    If you have an offer you know you can achieve, and you know the others aren't going to give you a lower one - then attend them all. You've come this far, do not give yourself any room for failure. Do whatever you can to better your chances of getting in.

ReputationRep:
    Is your offer from Bart's conditional or unconditional? If conditional, I would advise attending the interview at QUB just in case. It is better to keep your options open because you never know what may happen in the future.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I would say that if there is any chance of you missing the offer, then having two is beneficial. If you are 100% confident, then why bother. Most people probably fall into the former camp, however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rac1977)
    Is your offer from Bart's conditional or unconditional? If conditional, I would advise attending the interview at QUB just in case. It is better to keep your options open because you never know what may happen in the future.
    (Original post by nexttime)
    I would say that if there is any chance of you missing the offer, then having two is beneficial. If you are 100% confident, then why bother. Most people probably fall into the former camp, however.
    I've got conditional offer

The thing is, I'm a grad. so looking to achieve 2:1 here (even tho my grades are 1st class throughout)
    I've calculated my grades and the lowest grade I can afford (and still meet the offer) is to get my exams scores to be around 42%, which isn't hard imo but I'm aiming for 1st class

I dont know if getting more offers would be beneficial, since I dont think my insuranced choice (uni) would want to take me if I had miss my grades by getting a 2:2, but i am not sure about this. Had it been A levels it would probably be easier to negotiate

But then again I feel like I'm throwing away a great opportunity away... especially when idk the outcome from UEA yet...

ReputationRep:
    If the offer would be the same from QUB, what's the point of having it as an insurance? If it's a lower offer, then I'd suggest to go. Insurance choices are probably less likely to be forgiving if you miss their offer.

ReputationRep:
    I was also a graduate applicant, and cancelled my next two interviews after I got an offer from the place I wanted to go anyway. I didn't see the point of spending the time and money to go for interviews at other places when the typical offers were the same for all of them (2:1, which I was pretty confident I could achieve).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.