Turn on thread page Beta

Problems with answering my student finance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello i am applying for my student finance and i have a problem with the Question "the main reason for not living with my parents." I am currently living with my legal guardian however my primary parent my dad has been dead for 2 years and i have been estranged from my mum since i was 5 and there is no chance of this changing So my question is what answer should i pick out of
    1.The parent who would normally support my student finance application has died
    2.I live with my legal guardian
    3.I'm irreconcilably estranged from my parents
    Thank you
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by daleblackburn)
    Hello i am applying for my student finance and i have a problem with the Question "the main reason for not living with my parents." I am currently living with my legal guardian however my primary parent my dad has been dead for 2 years and i have been estranged from my mum since i was 5 and there is no chance of this changing So my question is what answer should i pick out of
    1.The parent who would normally support my student finance application has died
    2.I live with my legal guardian
    3.I'm irreconcilably estranged from my parents
    Thank you
    HI Daleblackburn,

For this question, I'd recommend selecting option 3. To reassure you though, when applying for student finance as an independent student under one of these criteria, we will request evidence. As long as you can provide the evidence, the answer here isn't quite as important.

With regards to evidence, we'd require evidence that you're estranged from your mother (for example, a letter from a social worker/doctor/teacher etc... explaining the situation) and your fathers death certificate (apologies for any difficulty this could cause).

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.