GCSE English Language presentation help needed URGENTLY.

Watch
RedRevolver
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
ITT can you please state an idea to talk about? Don't give me advice, or tell me what you did, just state some ideas that can be quick to research and probably not easy, but easy enough to be prepared for for tomorrow?

Thankyou.
Ad-Alta
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
Um, well what are you actually meant to be presenting ON?
RedRevolver
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ad-Alta)
Um, well what are you actually meant to be presenting ON?
...I've not got a set subject, that's why I'm asking for IDEAS.
moody28028
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think the best thing you can do is to talk about something you already know about. For my class, the people who scored highest were ones that didn't have a script, but made it up. So, a personal experience would be easiest; a holiday, primary school/school trip, your family etc.
Ad-Alta
Report 12 years ago
Is that what you have to do for GCSE?! Good lord, that's simple...
When I asked what 'on', I thought that there would be a set topic you had to research within.

So um, yeah - if you just have to talk about anything, then talk about something you know well, and can speak about in detail -- I guess English Lang. is going to be assessing your capacity at public speaking and orating, so anything you feel comfortable talking about, and can show you have a knowledge of, I s'pose.

Or alternatively, maybe an issue you have some strong opinions about? So the environment, the media, animal rights, war...
RedRevolver
Rep:
?
(Original post by moody28028)
I think the best thing you can do is to talk about something you already know about. For my class, the people who scored highest were ones that didn't have a script, but made it up. So, a personal experience would be easiest; a holiday, primary school/school trip, your family etc.
No, sorry, I can't base it on personal experiences. Not 'cause the teacher hasn't said so, but because it's generally difficult for me to talk about my life.

I just need a subject like, a historical subject or something.
Ad-Alta
Report 12 years ago
Or alternatively, maybe an issue you have some strong opinions about? So the environment, the media, animal rights, war...
So like 'Women in the Victorian era', or maybe you could just pick an historical period or group like 'The Tudors' or 'The Edwardians'?
RedRevolver
Rep:
?
Is that what you have to do for GCSE?! Good lord, that's simple...
When I asked what 'on', I thought that there would be a set topic you had to research within.

So um, yeah - if you just have to talk about anything, then talk about something you know well, and can speak about in detail -- I guess English Lang. is going to be assessing your capacity at public speaking and orating, so anything you feel comfortable talking about, and can show you have a knowledge of, I s'pose.

Replies like this from supposed Cambridge students make me wonder whether you are actually as clever as you are cabbage smelling.

If I had something I was comfortable talking about, or knew well, I'd be doing it.

I have a lot of difficulties talking to even small groups of peoples from time to time, and I don't feel capable of talking about anything I'm interested in because of ridicule and just generally because I find it difficult to know where to start and finish. I don't have a great ability at choosing things to do either - it would have been better and far easier for me if the subject were set.

It doesn't help I've not had guidance in this either, I guess.
RedRevolver
Rep:
?
So like 'Women in the Victorian era', or maybe you could just pick an historical period or group like 'The Tudors' or 'The Edwardians'?
I might do Hitler.

Yay, the holocaust. Fun.
moody28028
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
For some reason, the Berlin Wall coming down springs to mind =s. Maybe you could do it on the US election, if your interested in politics, you probably already know quite a lot about it.
Holsy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Does your have to be topical or history related?

I suggest doing something you're passionate about and can talk about with enthusiasm and understanding rather than an event that doesn't interest you. For my English speaking coursework I talked about "What I'd like to put in Room 101" (based on the show- which involved me discussing why I'd like to cease the existence of three people/items. I chose butter, david dickenson and beards. You might want to go with something intellectual such as what other people are suggesting, but I think it's more important that you either strongly like or dislike the matter of your 'speech'. Feel free to use the room 101 idea if it takes your fancy!
Ad-Alta
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by RedRevolver)
Replies like this from supposed Cambridge students make me wonder whether you are actually as clever as you are cabbage smelling.

If I had something I was comfortable talking about, or knew well, I'd be doing it.

I have a lot of difficulties talking to even small groups of peoples from time to time, and I don't feel capable of talking about anything I'm interested in because of ridicule and just generally because I find it difficult to know where to start and finish. I don't have a great ability at choosing things to do either - it would have been better and far easier for me if the subject were set.

It doesn't help I've not had guidance in this either, I guess.
Hey, don't get at me just because you have issues. Geez, trying to help here...

Anyway, I'm not sure whether your comment on Hitler was a snide one, or actually some cynical enthusiasm, but why not pick a more inspiring historical figure if that's what you want to do?

I know I'm gravitating rather towards women here, but you could do Queen Elizabeth I, Rosa Parks, Florence Nightingale...maybe even Margaret Thatcher if you prefer the more sadistic types?
Nigel9
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by RedRevolver)
ITT can you please state an idea to talk about? Don't give me advice, or tell me what you did, just state some ideas that can be quick to research and probably not easy, but easy enough to be prepared for for tomorrow?

Thankyou.
So, what did do it about?
RedRevolver
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I can't remember, this was 3 and a half years ago...
Tom mills 2002
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can someone help me think of a topic for my English presentation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (50)
37.88%
No (68)
51.52%
I don't know (14)
10.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise