Turn on thread page Beta

Starting a relationship before uni... watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19, and I'm 2 years behind at school (ie. in year 12 still). I've recently met a really nice guy and I'm thinking about asking to take things to the next level. But, i MIGHT be going to university in September, and i dont know how long distance would work in a new relationship... especially because he works a lot. He's almost 22, and didnt go to uni so im worried he wouldnt understand much. Ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Well if you guys have been talking for a while and you feel comfortable and he does too, ask him if he would be willing to be in a long distance relationship before you do anything else. Explain to him your situation and I'm sure he will understand, long distance can be easy if both of you are on the same page about things but if you guys haven't known each for very long you might want to consider getting to know him more before hoping into a relationship. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Don't! Most relationships don't withstand going to uni. The girls I know who entered relationships did it to lose their V card before freshers. Give it a year and if you feel the same way start the relationship once you've settled in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Maddie)
    Don't! Most relationships don't withstand going to uni. The girls I know who entered relationships did it to lose their V card before freshers. Give it a year and if you feel the same way start the relationship once you've settled in.
    a year is a stupidly long time to keep someone waiting. Dont need to worry about losing it either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alicesmiloves)
    Well if you guys have been talking for a while and you feel comfortable and he does too, ask him if he would be willing to be in a long distance relationship before you do anything else. Explain to him your situation and I'm sure he will understand, long distance can be easy if both of you are on the same page about things but if you guys haven't known each for very long you might want to consider getting to know him more before hoping into a relationship. Hope this helps
    Things are going super slowly right now, im very shy and sort of awkward about that kind of talking. I dont know if im going to go yet, so i dont want to hold off incase i dont

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.