Starting a relationship before uni... Watch

classicalchloe99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I'm 19, and I'm 2 years behind at school (ie. in year 12 still). I've recently met a really nice guy and I'm thinking about asking to take things to the next level. But, i MIGHT be going to university in September, and i dont know how long distance would work in a new relationship... especially because he works a lot. He's almost 22, and didnt go to uni so im worried he wouldnt understand much. Ideas?
alicesmiloves
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Well if you guys have been talking for a while and you feel comfortable and he does too, ask him if he would be willing to be in a long distance relationship before you do anything else. Explain to him your situation and I'm sure he will understand, long distance can be easy if both of you are on the same page about things but if you guys haven't known each for very long you might want to consider getting to know him more before hoping into a relationship. Hope this helps
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Don't! Most relationships don't withstand going to uni. The girls I know who entered relationships did it to lose their V card before freshers. Give it a year and if you feel the same way start the relationship once you've settled in.
classicalchloe99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
Don't! Most relationships don't withstand going to uni. The girls I know who entered relationships did it to lose their V card before freshers. Give it a year and if you feel the same way start the relationship once you've settled in.
a year is a stupidly long time to keep someone waiting. Dont need to worry about losing it either.
classicalchloe99
Rep:
?
(Original post by alicesmiloves)
Well if you guys have been talking for a while and you feel comfortable and he does too, ask him if he would be willing to be in a long distance relationship before you do anything else. Explain to him your situation and I'm sure he will understand, long distance can be easy if both of you are on the same page about things but if you guys haven't known each for very long you might want to consider getting to know him more before hoping into a relationship. Hope this helps
Things are going super slowly right now, im very shy and sort of awkward about that kind of talking. I dont know if im going to go yet, so i dont want to hold off incase i dont
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (152)
18.14%
No (510)
60.86%
Not really bothered about them (176)
21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed