Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have received an offer to study film and media at Sirling. The course looks really good however I'm wondering what is there to do outside the university and what's the social life like at the university. Do they put on many events? If any former or current students could answer it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Stirling has turned into a student town and it is very different from when i grew up there. the societies are very active on campus although i dont go to anything outside office hours so i cant go into detail.
    you are laughing if you like history because the whole area is teeming with history and the Wallace Monument is walking distance from campus. there are sports facilities on campus if that is your thing. plenty of shops, cafes, pubs etc in town. ten pin bowling in Riverside or the cinema just along the road from it. if you like walking then you can pretty much follow the river as it meanders its way through the valley or the ochil hills are just behind the university. Blairdrummond Safari Park is not far from town.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.