Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To anyone who has applied to University of Edinburgh for a Computer Science/Software Engineering related field, do you know where exactly the School of Informatics is located? And which accomadation buildings are the closest to the school?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by rdhalwani1)
    To anyone who has applied to University of Edinburgh for a Computer Science/Software Engineering related field, do you know where exactly the School of Informatics is located? And which accomadation buildings are the closest to the school?
    First-year Informatics here.

You'll be based in the Central Campus. Postcode is EH8 9LE I believe. Your lectures will be in Appleton Tower (which is mostly owned by the School of Informatics) and David Hume Tower (about 1 minute away from AT). Despite the name, no Informatics teaching is done in the Informatics Forum as it's a research facility for postgraduates and staff.

Closest accommodation would be Sciennes, Salisbury Court etc. Check the Accommodation, Catering and Events website.

I'll move this to the Edinburgh subforum as well :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    First-year Informatics here.

You'll be based in the Central Campus. Postcode is EH8 9LE I believe. Your lectures will be in Appleton Tower (which is mostly owned by the School of Informatics) and David Hume Tower (about 1 minute away from AT). Despite the name, no Informatics teaching is done in the Informatics Forum as it's a research facility for postgraduates and staff.

Closest accommodation would be Sciennes, Salisbury Court etc. Check the Accommodation, Catering and Events website.

I'll move this to the Edinburgh subforum as well :borat:
    Alright, sounds great! Thanks so much!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 12, 2018
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.