Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To anyone who has applied to University of Edinburgh for a Computer Science/Software Engineering related field, do you know where exactly the School of Informatics is located? And which accomadation buildings are the closest to the school?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by rdhalwani1)
    To anyone who has applied to University of Edinburgh for a Computer Science/Software Engineering related field, do you know where exactly the School of Informatics is located? And which accomadation buildings are the closest to the school?
    First-year Informatics here.

You'll be based in the Central Campus. Postcode is EH8 9LE I believe. Your lectures will be in Appleton Tower (which is mostly owned by the School of Informatics) and David Hume Tower (about 1 minute away from AT). Despite the name, no Informatics teaching is done in the Informatics Forum as it's a research facility for postgraduates and staff.

Closest accommodation would be Sciennes, Salisbury Court etc. Check the Accommodation, Catering and Events website.

I'll move this to the Edinburgh subforum as well :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    First-year Informatics here.

You'll be based in the Central Campus. Postcode is EH8 9LE I believe. Your lectures will be in Appleton Tower (which is mostly owned by the School of Informatics) and David Hume Tower (about 1 minute away from AT). Despite the name, no Informatics teaching is done in the Informatics Forum as it's a research facility for postgraduates and staff.

Closest accommodation would be Sciennes, Salisbury Court etc. Check the Accommodation, Catering and Events website.

I'll move this to the Edinburgh subforum as well :borat:
    Alright, sounds great! Thanks so much!

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.