Turn on thread page Beta

Spoke to my manager today about leaving my apprenticeship (which I’m two weeks in)!for another one which I would want to be starting ASAP but they said I’d have to work for them for four months because there is four months notice before resigning..
    I don’t want to work for four months with them and also I’m afraid that my place at my new apprenticeship will go. I haven’t signed any employment contracts if that helps anyone who wants to give advice.
    Much appreciated
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Spoke to my manager today about leaving my apprenticeship (which I’m two weeks in)!for another one which I would want to be starting ASAP but they said I’d have to work for them for four months because there is four months notice before resigning..
    I don’t want to work for four months with them and also I’m afraid that my place at my new apprenticeship will go. I haven’t signed any employment contracts if that helps anyone who wants to give advice.
    Much appreciated
    Have they given and have you signed a contract yet?

National Apprenticeship Service
    Telephone: 0800 015 0600

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Have they given and have you signed a contract yet?

National Apprenticeship Service
    Telephone: 0800 015 0600
    Nope they haven’t not yet anyway. I called the apprenticeship helpline and they said they’ve never heard of such a long notice period and gave me the number for ACAS but ACAS line is too busy and the call just ended

ReputationRep:
    Just leave. 4 months notice is totally unreasonable and they're not going to do anything about it if you leave. You won't get a reference but you've only just started there so it's not a big deal.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Nope they haven’t not yet anyway. I called the apprenticeship helpline and they said they’ve never heard of such a long notice period and gave me the number for ACAS but ACAS line is too busy and the call just ended
    They get busy so your alternative is CAB.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ab...advice/advice/

If you dont have a contract, then its statutory notice periods and there is none if you have been working under a month. It sounds as though they are trying it on, so I would leave. Better to confirm it with ACAS.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.