Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel Spanish A-level 9SP0 - 11 & 14 Jun 2018 [Exam discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen an exam thread for this year (seems like most people do AQA instead!) so I thought I'd create one!

I'm pretty sure these are the details:
    April/May - Speaking exams
    11 June - Listening, Reading, Translation to English
    14 June - Literature, Film, Translation to Spanish

How's everyone feeling about the exams?

ReputationRep:
    Great thread! I've added it to our Exam Thread Directory :woo: Good luck with your exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lelanor)

How's everyone feeling about the exams?
    I'm starting to get really nervous, I feel so under-prepared for the Literature section:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    When do you guys have your oral?

ReputationRep:
    I think mine's around the 20th of April

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrycherry)
    I think mine's around the 20th of April
    How do you prepare for Task 1??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben2234)
    How do you prepare for Task 1??
    I'm just going through the units in the book that could be on the card, and writing down and revising the vocab section of each. I also think it's a good idea to have a general idea of what your opinion is about each issue that could come up e.g is diversity in types of family positive? is immigration negative? etc. so your ideas are easy to justify. Remember that you can try and direct the conversation to an extent, add in "¿Estás de acuerdo?" or "¿Entiendes mi punto de vista?" to check that box on the mark scheme. Honestly, just prepare a really good presentation for Task 2, revise the vocab in prep for Task 1 and you'll be good

ReputationRep:
    But do you have the stimuli cards for the debate of task 1?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    how did your oral go? were the discussion points difficult? what cards came up ? I'm anxious to know

ReputationRep:
    Pretty terrified for these exams I'm ngl , can't wait to get my speaking exam out the way so that I can fully focus on paper 1 which is my worst by far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolateoreo99)
    Pretty terrified for these exams I'm ngl , can't wait to get my speaking exam out the way so that I can fully focus on paper 1 which is my worst by far.
    Honestly don't worry! I'm not with Edexcel but I had my speaking exam today and it wasn't anywhere near as scary I thought it would be (and I'm not a great speaker at all - I'll do an essay over speaking any day). It goes really fast and remember the examiners want to get the best out of you, not trick you

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to feel a bit desperate about this oral, to be honest! I'm an external candidate and feel pretty confident about Task 2, but not sure if I know enough about all themes for Task 1! The textbook helps with the vocabulary, but doesn't actually have that much hard info on each theme!

Does anyone have any resources they can share please??

ReputationRep:
    I have my oral in a week and i'm feeling very unprepared! I always feel like i have a mind blank for Task 1. Hopefully Task 2 will be fine as it's independent research. Does anyone know how the choosing of the stimulus cards work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychstudent161)
    I have my oral in a week and i'm feeling very unprepared! I always feel like i have a mind blank for Task 1. Hopefully Task 2 will be fine as it's independent research. Does anyone know how the choosing of the stimulus cards work?
    We'll get a choice between two cards, each with a different sub-theme. We then tell the invigilator which one we've chosen and they'll give us 5 minutes to prepare.

There's more info on page 20 of the spec: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...in_Spanish.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estudiante90)
    We'll get a choice between two cards, each with a different sub-theme. We then tell the invigilator which one we've chosen and they'll give us 5 minutes to prepare.

There's more info on page 20 of the spec: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...in_Spanish.pdf
    Ok thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estudiante90)

Which cards did you have to choose from ?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone already had there exam and can give me some tips, I have mine tomorrow. Just wondering how much we need to know about each tema. Like does it have to be a relatively general convo or do you need to know stats and in depth info. Also with your personal investigation, after your 2 min intro do they stop you or wait for you to finish?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I had mine last week. It’s a fairly general conversation, it’s meant to be quite back-and-forth. It’s not mandatory to learn stats and in depth info but it may help you expand on some points, it could be worth learning a few facts for each theme if you want! I went over the 2 minutes by a few seconds but they let me finish with no interruption. If you’re presentation runs a lot over they might. Buena suerte
    (Original post by lucamarshall)
    Has anyone already had there exam and can give me some tips, I have mine tomorrow. Just wondering how much we need to know about each tema. Like does it have to be a relatively general convo or do you need to know stats and in depth info. Also with your personal investigation, after your 2 min intro do they stop you or wait for you to finish?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! How are you preparing for the literature part? I'm doing 'Bodas the sangre' for the book and 'Diarios de 'motocicleta' for the film.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackusGomux)
    Hey guys! How are you preparing for the literature part? I'm doing 'Bodas the sangre' for the book and 'Diarios de 'motocicleta' for the film.
    Hi!

My teacher has given us a list of possible essay titles so I'm currently just preparing essay plans for each one and memorising quotes. How about you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.