bubz4635!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so basically i got an offer from hertfordshire for sports science. an unconditiional offer. but theres a condition for some stupid reason. i should choose them as firm choice. the thing is my other conditional offers are from leeds,brunel, east london,salford. if i want to go to one of those and i put hertfordshire as insurance will they take the uncondtional offer off me
username2911200
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bubz4635!)
so basically i got an offer from hertfordshire for sports science. an unconditiional offer. but theres a condition for some stupid reason. i should choose them as firm choice. the thing is my other conditional offers are from leeds,brunel, east london,salford. if i want to go to one of those and i put hertfordshire as insurance will they take the uncondtional offer off me
What's the condition for Hertfordshire?
bubz4635!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glassapple)
What's the condition for Hertfordshire?
the condtion is that i have to put them as my firm university
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How is that dodgy?
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
many uni's do that....
hanley9
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What do you expect? They aren't going to commit to you if you won't commit to them.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Simply firm the university/course you most want to go to, ignoring any conditions.

What are Herts' conditions if you don't firm them?
bubz4635!
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
How is that dodgy?
i mean its dodgy for me. should i risk trying to achieve the grades for my conditional offers, which are better unis btw, or should i take the easy route and place hertfordshire as my firm. by the way im in ireland so i do 6 subjects instead of like 3 or 4 in the uk
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i mean its dodgy for me. should i risk trying to achieve the grades for my conditional offers, which are better unis btw, or should i take the easy route and place hertfordshire as my firm. by the way im in ireland so i do 6 subjects instead of like 3 or 4 in the uk
Even if you put Hertfordshire as your firm but you get the grades for your insurance you can go through adjustment.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Even if you put Hertfordshire as your firm but you get the grades for your insurance you can go through adjustment.
Unfortunately not. Once Herts goes unconditional there are no conditions to exceed in order to be eligible for adjustment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Unfortunately not. Once Herts goes unconditional there are no conditions to exceed in order to be eligible for adjustment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah okay.
bubz4635!
Rep:
?
Ah okay.
sneaky move from hertfordshire. i think ill just aim for grades for the place i want to go to
sindyscape62
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wouldn't take the unconditional. Unis often say unconditional if firm because they expect you to reject them for better course, and they're trying to persuade you to accept them. If you're likely to get the grades for any of your preferred unis then don't firm this uni just for the security.

Remember you can still put this uni as your insurance - I assume their standard offer is something you're confident of meeting.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
sneaky move from hertfordshire. i think ill just aim for grades for the place i want to go to
Might as well.
bubz4635!
Rep:
?
(Original post by sindyscape62)
I wouldn't take the unconditional. Unis often say unconditional if firm because they expect you to reject them for better course, and they're trying to persuade you to accept them. If you're likely to get the grades for any of your preferred unis then don't firm this uni just for the security.

Remember you can still put this uni as your insurance - I assume their standard offer is something you're confident of meeting.
haha i knew something was fishy about their tactics. im confident enough so ill just study for the grades. cheers for the advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
5.95%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.27%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.3%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.84%
There's nothing they could do (53)
28.65%

Watched Threads