The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A levels are more important.
If you get those grades you have NO chance. 8's and 9's HAH rookie

https://people.mcdonalds.co.uk/job-search
Start here
Grades are fine
It all will depend on your PS and interviews(depending on your course).
Also dofe says nothing unless you explain what you've gained from it.

What course is it for?
Literlly none of the stuff you have achieved will aid you, maybe give you 1% extra chance of getting in. Once accepted to an interview with the usual A*A*AA predicted, only the interviews and assessments will matter. Literally nothing else will matter.
Reply 5
Original post by Vikingninja
A levels are more important.

Yes they are aha sorry! What grades would be needed in A levels?
Original post by Mollysh240

Well it says on the Cambridge course pages.
Reply 7
Original post by Ismaeel Ali
If you get those grades you have NO chance. 8's and 9's HAH rookie

https://people.mcdonalds.co.uk/job-search
Start here

Well what grades would you suggest because a grade 9 is basically an A** sooo ??
Well what grades would you suggest because a grade 9 is basically an A** sooo ??

He's trolling.
Reply 9
Original post by AzureCeleste
Grades are fine
It all will depend on your PS and interviews(depending on your course).
Also dofe says nothing unless you explain what you've gained from it.

What course is it for?

Why doesn’t dofe show anything? I was hoping to either do criminology and international law or do a degree in medicine and a language

I'm clearly trolling, use your brain, 8/9 is equivalent to an A*, getting all A*'s which your predicting for yourself wont hold you back anywhere.....
Reply 11
Original post by CompSci in2k17
Literlly none of the stuff you have achieved will aid you, maybe give you 1% extra chance of getting in. Once accepted to an interview with the usual A*A*AA predicted, only the interviews and assessments will matter. Literally nothing else will matter.

Really? Surely A levels have some impact
Reply 12

Your GCSEs are excellent and will be good, but if you miss your A level grade (eg A*A*A) and instead get an A*AA, that will have quite a lot of impact. Interviews and other work experience matter a whole lot more too. But currently, you are on an awesome track.
Reply 13
I'm clearly trolling, use your brain, 8/9 is equivalent to an A*, getting all A*'s which your predicting for yourself wont hold you back anywhere.....

Sorry I’m just stressed about it because I want to be a barrister or brain surgeon and oxford and Cambridge have been my dream unis from being younger
Why doesn’t dofe show anything? I was hoping to either do criminology and international law or do a degree in medicine and a language

What I mean by that is simply stating I did dofe doesn't say much. You've got to explain what you learnt from it and why it was beneficial sort of thing. i.e. what you learnt from the expeditions or whatever.
Sorry I’m just stressed about it because I want to be a barrister or brain surgeon and oxford and Cambridge have been my dream unis from being younger

Pretty sure you dont NEED oxford or cambridge for either of those professions, but yes aim high you've got this, good luck with our gcse's and dont work yourself too hard
Reply 16
Original post by Rarest
Your GCSEs are excellent and will be good, but if you miss your A level grade (eg A*A*A) and instead get an A*AA, that will have quite a lot of impact. Interviews and other work experience matter a whole lot more too. But currently, you are on an awesome track.

So if I did get my target grades, that I also get in mocks, and then did a levels in say, history, French, biology and English lit/Lang (maybe for medicine) or law, French, history and English language (for law) and got A A*A* and either an A or another A* and had some work experience and volunteering and stuff like that and had a good PS and interview and application do you think I stand a good chance?
Reply 17
Pretty sure you dont NEED oxford or cambridge for either of those professions, but yes aim high you've got this, good luck with our gcse's and dont work yourself too hard

I don’t need them but they are highly respected! Than you very much! Ahah probably already working myself too hard tbh
Reply 18
Original post by AzureCeleste
What I mean by that is simply stating I did dofe doesn't say much. You've got to explain what you learnt from it and why it was beneficial sort of thing. i.e. what you learnt from the expeditions or whatever.

Ah okay thank you! I will make sure to do that!!
So if I did get my target grades, that I also get in mocks, and then did a levels in say, history, French, biology and English lit/Lang (maybe for medicine) or law, French, history and English language (for law) and got A A*A* and either an A or another A* and had some work experience and volunteering and stuff like that and had a good PS and interview and application do you think I stand a good chance?

How do you expect people to tell you how you'll come across in interviews? Your attitude seems obsessive and humourless - not qualities either Oxford or Cambridge look for. Everyone who applies, just about, will have A*s and As at A-level.