Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I recently went to my bank, asking about opening a student account. I actually did this twice - the first time I used the 16 digit status code but the bank teller told me that it wasn't active yet. So I waited a week or so and tried again, and it was the same thing, however, this bank teller explained to me that normally people open a student account around July time. Which then made sense to me as that is when results come out and universities are then able to see whether you have met their offers and accept you (which is evidence I also needed to open a student account, duh dumb me). Walking out the bank I had forgotten to ask about whether it would be okay to apply for student finance now and change my account type later - which is why I'm here. Would it be best to do that then? I would like to sort this stuff out asap.Also, if I change my account type to a student account around summer time, will I still be eligible for their promotions/freebies?
    Thanks.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ismokechicken)
    Hi, I recently went to my bank, asking about opening a student account. I actually did this twice - the first time I used the 16 digit status code but the bank teller told me that it wasn't active yet. So I waited a week or so and tried again, and it was the same thing, however, this bank teller explained to me that normally people open a student account around July time. Which then made sense to me as that is when results come out and universities are then able to see whether you have met their offers and accept you (which is evidence I also needed to open a student account, duh dumb me). Walking out the bank I had forgotten to ask about whether it would be okay to apply for student finance now and change my account type later - which is why I'm here. Would it be best to do that then? I would like to sort this stuff out asap.Also, if I change my account type to a student account around summer time, will I still be eligible for their promotions/freebies?
    Thanks.
    Hi Ismokechicken,

You can apply for student finance and change your bank details later, you can even apply without bank details and provide some later so I'd definitely recommend applying as soon as you can.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to advise on promotions and offers when you do open the student account, it may be worthwhile getting in touch with the bank again.

Kind regards,

John.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John B SFE)
    Hi Ismokechicken,

You can apply for student finance and change your bank details later, you can even apply without bank details and provide some later so I'd definitely recommend applying as soon as you can.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to advise on promotions and offers when you do open the student account, it may be worthwhile getting in touch with the bank again.

Kind regards,

John.
    Hi John, thank you very much for the info. I'll be applying right away then. Thanks again.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ismokechicken)
    Hi John, thank you very much for the info. I'll be applying right away then. Thanks again.
    You're very welcome.

Best wishes,

John.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.