Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so basically my friend has found year 12 a struggle and we have both been at the point of dropping out quite a few times, I've told him quite a few times that im dropping out and he's always persuaded me against it. basically we got our mock results last week and he didn't perform too well. he was fine this morning and then as soon as he got his results he said he was dropping out.

he has said this many times before and I've always managed to persuade him against it but he seems pretty determined

obviously I can't physically stop him but I really need him to stay. i dont really talk to anyone else . we have less than 2 months of school left so why throw it away now? and he's capable of doing
    well. how do I persuade him not to?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    he needs a plan l

ReputationRep:
    depends , what is he going to do instead ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    depends , what is he going to do instead ?
    he says he is going to get a part time job. I know deep down he knows this isn't the right choice. If he really did want to leave school he would have left ages ago when he said he would yet he decided not to. I honestly don't know what to say, I've said everything I possibly could say. he doesn't even have anything to fall back on. he could leave school tomorrow and he wouldn't even have applied for a job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apple2017)
    he says he is going to get a part time job. I know deep down he knows this isn't the right choice. If he really did want to leave school he would have left ages ago when he said he would yet he decided not to. I honestly don't know what to say, I've said everything I possibly could say. he doesn't even have anything to fall back on. he could leave school tomorrow and he wouldn't even have applied for a job
    well it's good of you that you care about him , but ultimately at the end of the day if this is want he wants to do , then he should go for it

but before he makes his final decision ask him if he is 100% whole heartily ready to abandon his current education and go into the work place , if he is even 99% sure of this then he will not make it

ReputationRep:
    well it's good of you that you care about him , but ultimately at the end of the day if this is want he wants to do , then he should go for it

but before he makes his final decision ask him if he is 100% whole heartily ready to abandon his current education and go into the work place , if he is even 99% sure of this then he will not make it
    yeah, absolutely. I think it would be a waste for him to throw it away, he is more than capable of doing well and I know it. I just hope he doesn't leave. Personally I think compulsory school age should be raised to 18 so everyone has the chance to do a levels and have a better chance

ReputationRep:
    yeah, absolutely. I think it would be a waste for him to throw it away, he is more than capable of doing well and I know it. I just hope he doesn't leave. Personally I think compulsory school age should be raised to 18 so everyone has the chance to do a levels and have a better chance
    also ask him if he's leaving school because he can't cope mentally or is he leaving school in hopes of running away from his problems , there's a huge difference here

ReputationRep:
    also ask him if he's leaving school because he can't cope mentally or is he leaving school in hopes of running away from his problems , there's a huge difference here
    I will, thank you. I will get my form teacher to have a word with him to try change his mind

ReputationRep:
    I will, thank you. I will get my form teacher to have a word with him to try change his mind
    fingers crossed he makes the right choice

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.