Turn on thread page Beta

12.5KG DUMBELLS (When should i move on) watch

Hi, im 16 years old and just recently started going gym for about 2 months now, Should i start lifting more or is 12kg alright?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Whatever weight you can use in the rep range you’re going for is what you should lift. When you can do more (controlled) reps than what you’re aiming for, increase the weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, im 16 years old and just recently started going gym for about 2 months now, Should i start lifting more or is 12kg alright?
    for goodness sake man what exercise are you lifting this 12kg on? please don't tell me its squatting/deadlifting if you're just doing curls then you can move up but curls wont get the girls you need to do much more boi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Personally i work on the 2x2 rule when deciding if i need to go up in weight.
    By this i mean if i can do 2 extra reps on 2 of my working sets then the weight needs to be increased.
    For example, take bicep curls, if i can curl 20's for 4 sets of 10 reps but i felt like i wasn't working as hard as i could, i might do my first set on 10 reps, my second on 12 reps and my third set on 12 reps aswell, my forth set i would do on 22's and then when i next perform the exercise on the next day i do curls, i would start on 22's for a set of 10 reps.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.