Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well...

If you're like me, you're probably wondering why you even took Physics anyway - but oh well, too late to turn back now!

Here's a thread for all of you who want to talk about the assignment, prelim results and of course any of those burning questions.

Honestly not even sure how these exams in May are gonna turn out, Physics is definitely going to be a focused revision area - any of you got some study techniques that work, or perhaps a good website?

So! Let's start talking about our "favourite" subject (I don't hate it, I just don't understand all the time )

ReputationRep:
    I love physics so much that I want to do advanced higher physics soon after I get an A in my N5 then A in my higher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeadarKing)
    I love physics so much that I want to do advanced higher physics soon after I get an A in my N5 then A in my higher
    Wow, that’s some motivation you have there! Hope it all goes well
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

How's everyone doing with the course, here we're almost done the course and should be finishing next week! Are your schools already done, or have you still got some parts to cover?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WestDragon)
    Hey!

How's everyone doing with the course, here we're almost done the course and should be finishing next week! Are your schools already done, or have you still got some parts to cover?
    My school has currenly completed the course and we are just about to sit our 2nd prelim

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking for help with National 5 Physics, then check out 'Mr Smith's Physics online' on YouTube. It's free, has no adverts and the videos cover all 6 topics (3 units) of the course as well as open-ended questions. Exam-style questions can also be downloaded from the website (physics-podcast.co.uk) with links to the answer videos for each question.

Good luck with the exam in May!

ReputationRep:
    i'm honestly wondering why i even took physics in the first place.... just like you've said. my class hasn't even finished covering all the key areas in the dynamics unit and we haven't even started on space.... we had a teacher problem at the beginning of the year, we had a new physics 'teacher' around september who just basically acted as a cover teacher most of the time, meaning that we had to teach ourselves the units in class. that was probably why we're struggling to finish the course now.. just rip to us but hopefully everything will go okay in the end... good luck to everyone else taking physics this year lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihateexams565)
    i'm honestly wondering why i even took physics in the first place.... just like you've said. my class hasn't even finished covering all the key areas in the dynamics unit and we haven't even started on space.... we had a teacher problem at the beginning of the year, we had a new physics 'teacher' around september who just basically acted as a cover teacher most of the time, meaning that we had to teach ourselves the units in class. that was probably why we're struggling to finish the course now.. just rip to us but hopefully everything will go okay in the end... good luck to everyone else taking physics this year lol
    Dang, that reminds me of my third-year English class, we had three different teachers who were equally as useless as one another and they continued to swap around. Anyways, hope everything goes alright in the lead-up to the exam, should you need any help, I'm sure all of us also taking the exam will be happy to help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WestDragon)
    Dang, that reminds me of my third-year English class, we had three different teachers who were equally as useless as one another and they continued to swap around. Anyways, hope everything goes alright in the lead-up to the exam, should you need any help, I'm sure all of us also taking the exam will be happy to help!
    that really sucks, hope you have a teacher that you're happy with now though. i haven't even started on physics revision as i've been focussing on maths but i appreciate your comment : ) let's all get this exam done and over with

ReputationRep:
    that really sucks, hope you have a teacher that you're happy with now though. i haven't even started on physics revision as i've been focussing on maths but i appreciate your comment : ) let's all get this exam done and over with
    Thank god I'm not the only one! Now maths is out the way it's going to be three days of a non-stop, caffeine-fueled, self-hatred filled joy ride of physics revision!

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, I'm intending on spending the next three days full-on revising for Physics - going to be a heck of a fun time...

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else starting to panic? With past papers, I've been getting 75-85% but that's the same score I got doing them before the prelim and in the end, I only got 40% in the prelim. I don't know what to do :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - I'm panicking... Spent way too much time on maths and now I have 2.5 days to revise the entire N5 Physics course... And the best part is I keep on finding myself on TSR.

As for your problem, make sure you are using past papers correctly - go to the topics of the questions you get wrong and work on that area between doing questions, otherwise, you will not improve while doing them...

ReputationRep:
    My teacher gave us all booklets with past paper questions for each individual topic. I'm far better at Physics than Maths as I enjoy it more but good luck to everyone doing Physics this year.

ReputationRep:
    Why did I even take this subject?

I've had the same useless teacher for 2 years who actually makes the powerpoints DURING our lessons. I've been getting progressively worse at the subject - I've been studying for it more than any other one but I got a lower C in the prelim and a lower D in the 2nd prelim. It sticks out like a sore thumb since I do everything else to a good standard. I'm so glad I never have to sit in that classroom ever again, but I may as well start writing my own eulogy for August 7th.

ReputationRep:
    So nervous for this, also after how much i think i mucked up maths which is annoying because i put so much time and effort into it and it didn't pay off so now I'm worried about this, as i feel i abandoned it a little:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ax-MGcxx)
    So nervous for this, also after how much i think i mucked up maths which is annoying because i put so much time and effort into it and it didn't pay off so now I'm worried about this, as i feel i abandoned it a little:/
    Don't worry, everyone aged 15-18 in Scotland feels the exact same as you right now! Try not to spend too much time thinking about your last exam, you will just become stressed and worried which is the last thing you want right now - keep calm and good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Long_Way_To_Go)
    Don't worry, everyone aged 15-18 in Scotland feels the exact same as you right now! Try not to spend too much time thinking about your last exam, you will just become stressed and worried which is the last thing you want right now - keep calm and good luck for tomorrow!
    How many are doing National 5 Physics this year in Scotland. There's like 18 people in my class.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody need any help with any questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottish15)
    How many are doing National 5 Physics this year in Scotland. There's like 18 people in my class.
    When I said 'everyone aged 15-18' I was referring more to exams in general rather than N5 Physics alone... (There's about 25 in my class)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.