Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whats the best accommodation for social life and partying? ranking best to worst
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there,

I would say if you are looking for a busy social life in your halls, I would try a big student accommodation where there is a high proportion of first years who are all looking to meet new people and don't need to focus on their studies too much just yet. One thing I would say is that even if your social life in halls doesn't turn out to be super social, there are loads of other ways to meet people who you can party with - societies, sports clubs, people on your course, etc.

I hope this helps.

Lilith

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Unfortunately I don't know too much about all of the different halls, but Murano definitely has a reputation for having a lot of parties (however, it also has a reputation for being filthy, so if that's a problem then it might not be the best choice for you).

ReputationRep:
    Best accommodation for partying is definitely Murano no doubt! Everyone I know goes here to party and all the biggest parties are here lol (personally I stay in a small flat so I don't really experience too many flat parties but it gets pretty wild).

Idk which would be worst. Probably private accommodation + student apartments as the worst. Cairncross as 2nd after Murano, just because a friend I know who stays there seems to have occasional flat parties?

Oh, and also Murano has a bad rep for being filthy but I mainly dislike it for noise. They're currently refurbishing all flats (I think they've done about half at the moment) and I'm staying in one of the refurbished ones which is really nice and better than some of the other student accommodation tbh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 22, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.