Best revision techniques for Biology and Chemistry

Watch
username3781180
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Exams are closer and my worry is overtaking my mind . I have my AS coming up and I would like I change my study routine because my current studying techniques take me forever, not joking I spent 6 hours making notes on halogen alkanes and alkenes and I probably will forget everything by tomorrow . So any study tips for Bio and Chem would be a life saver .
hannah00
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had the same problem.

I found that going over my notes once a week helped. I would read paragraph, then try and rewrite it from memory.
I also highlighted key words from each point and memorised the key words, from the key words I was able to recall the entire paragraph.

after 4 weeks, I was able to recall 30 pages of CGP, in under 4 hours.

but its a very slow and tedious process and I dont have time to use the same approach for all my subjects, so would be interested in other approaches as well.
miraclemuokebe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HelloImCool)
Exams are closer and my worry is overtaking my mind . I have my AS coming up and I would like I change my study routine because my current studying techniques take me forever, not joking I spent 6 hours making notes on halogen alkanes and alkenes and I probably will forget everything by tomorrow . So any study tips for Bio and Chem would be a life saver .
Make mindmaps, flash cards, write notes on the practicals because those will be assessed.
username3781180
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (13)
6.99%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (14)
7.53%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (43)
23.12%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (23)
12.37%
No, nothing has changed (64)
34.41%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (29)
15.59%

Watched Threads