Turn on thread page Beta

I am going to have yet another panic attack. Yay! watch

ReputationRep:
    Today I called my university, to which I had already been accepted, and asked if I could switch courses. They didn't ask for a reason why and told me that I should send a new personal statement to their email. Since I had already written a new personal statement, I sent them a short email with the attached file and I thought that everything was fine. Unfortunately, it wasn't. When I tried to open the file on my android phone, it said that the file was corrupt, so in a panic, I called the university asking them if they could check if the file was OK and they told me that it wouldn't open but to send it in another format, no problem, right? Well, I wrote a new email with my heart still racing, attached the new file, called the uni again and asked them to check again. The woman on the phone told me that it is opening properly and I should expect a reply within the next couple of days.

Right after I closed the phone, I decided to check what I wrote... I didn't proofread and I ended up writing "I am have resent the personal statement because the previous one I sent wouldn't open. I apologise for any inconvenience. Thank you for your time. Yours sincerely, Name."

I then began to panic because I was afraid that someone else from admissions might see the email and decline to change my course because of my grammar in the last email. I really don't know if I'm overreacting, but this isn't the first time I made such a mistake. One time, I wrote Mr, instead of Ms because I thought that Jo was a guy's name. Luckily, she didn't seem to mind and all was well then.

My therapist is hundreds of kilometers away and I don't know who I can talk to. My mental state is only getting worse and worse. I wish I could go to a therapist but I am currently tight with money and I am currently living with a constantly racing heart. I know what I am experiencing is a good example of first world problems but I really want everything to be OK and stop worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HellKnight)
    Today I called my university, to which I had already been accepted, and asked if I could switch courses. They didn't ask for a reason why and told me that I should send a new personal statement to their email. Since I had already written a new personal statement, I sent them a short email with the attached file and I thought that everything was fine. Unfortunately, it wasn't. When I tried to open the file on my android phone, it said that the file was corrupt, so in a panic, I called the university asking them if they could check if the file was OK and they told me that it wouldn't open but to send it in another format, no problem, right? Well, I wrote a new email with my heart still racing, attached the new file, called the uni again and asked them to check again. The woman on the phone told me that it is opening properly and I should expect a reply within the next couple of days.

Right after I closed the phone, I decided to check what I wrote... I didn't proofread and I ended up writing "I am have resent the personal statement because the previous one I sent wouldn't open. I apologise for any inconvenience. Thank you for your time. Yours sincerely, Name."

I then began to panic because I was afraid that someone else from admissions might see the email and decline to change my course because of my grammar in the last email. I really don't know if I'm overreacting, but this isn't the first time I made such a mistake. One time, I wrote Mr, instead of Ms because I thought that Jo was a guy's name. Luckily, she didn't seem to mind and all was well then.

My therapist is hundreds of kilometers away and I don't know who I can talk to. My mental state is only getting worse and worse. I wish I could go to a therapist but I am currently tight with money and I am currently living with a constantly racing heart. I know what I am experiencing is a good example of first world problems but I really want everything to be OK and stop worrying.
    Don't worry they would never reject you for an unedited email. Just take a deep breath go about with your daily routine maybe take a nice walk early in the morning and take in the fresh cold air. Either you find out now or in 2-3 days it wont change that much, I'm sure you'll work it out with your university because your application was for another course so most probably they need to work it out from their side. This might sound ooo pretentious or wtvr but I find just sketching something, baking, watering a plant or two generally manual work very calming. Everything's going to be fine, take care and slow down your thoughts everything will work out at the end. I have this theory that once you get into university then you dont have anything to be afraid of, one of my friends was in a similar situation but they made this change literally 2 weeks before courses started and then they switched back again to the course she actually applied to (in canada) pm me, im not a therapist but i get anxious for other things tho like travelling alone etc, also uh CONGRATULATIONS!!!you should be over the moon rn, good luck on everything!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.