Turn on thread page Beta

I didn't cheat but feel terrible! Help! watch

So I have a best friend that's a boy.. we've been friends for years and there's no attraction from my side.

So he's not really the one in the wrong.. I invited him and his friend over for drinks and cards..

We had a good night I won cards and we sat down to watch a film.. I then pulled out the sofa bed and we were watching a film.
    I was really drunk at this point and think we all fell asleep straight away.. I know I did! Then in my drunken sleep I cuddled up to this guy.. don't remember much but know he touched and groped me..and I know I told him I'm not interested and that I have a good thing with my boyfriend. Then went back to sleep but didn't get up but I was so drunk and tired. Then he groped me again and I'm not sure if I said anything cos I was half in and out of being awake.

I don't think this guy tried to abuse me. I think he took the piss and was trying his luck.

I feel like I shouldn't have laid down with them and got that drunk.

So I have a boyfriend we've been together 6 months he is the loveliest man I've ever met! Hes a complete catch.. he has been in Australia for 2 months sorting his visa. And I've told him what's happened but at first I called him and just acted like it didn't happen cos I was a bit shocked and confused as to why I did it? But then I've realised I didn't have a sexual intention I just wanted a cuddle when I was drunk and cos my friend who's a boy Im so close to I think I just felt safe and I've also not been hugged and think I just wanted a cuddle whilst I was a sleep. But my boy mate also made me feel a bit uncomfortable in the bed he stroked me a bit... he used to have feelings for me and now I feel like he's been lerking too. And I'm just so shocked this has all happened. I haven't told my boyfriend about him stroking me cos I feel worried that he's going to think I'm a complete idiot for allowing this all to happen and I've already said different about what he did, that he would never do anything like that and that I trust him but I now realise he's not a friend and I don't because it did make me feel uncomfortable and this is not the first time ive felt uncomfortable, I've known deep down but weve been friends for 4 years and I just didnt want to see it. But I feel like again I've allowed it to happen..

Anyway I feel so upset about it all. I have children from a previous relationship and they love him and so do I. He was married and she cheated on him and it broke him. I feel like hes so special to me and this is the worst thing I could have done. And I just feel terrible about what's happened. I think he's semi ok but I'm worried he secretly doesn't trust me and I shouldn't have hugged that guy! So it's kinda my fault.

How do I help him feel better and how do I stop feeling so terrible about it? I feel like a complete *****.. Do you think he will trust me? I don't want a jealous relationship. I'm worried it's ruined a foundation.

Has anyone ever been in my position? And what do they think? Im so embarrssed to tell my friends.. I've told one my work friends could tell I've been crying but I'm so embarrassed! x

Women and men in general can't be friends, there is always a sexual undertone from either one side or both.

To do with the situation it isn't your fault however you also shouldn't put yourself in a vulnerable position, at the end of the day you decided to get drunk and you decided to invite him round knowing he has attraction towards you but it is his fault for acting like a creep and touching you inappropriately instead of respecting you and your boyfriend so it is a bit of both here.

The boy does not respect you, cut ties with him and focus on your boyfriend.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Women and men in general can't be friends, there is always a sexual undertone from either one side or both.

To do with the situation it isn't your fault however you also shouldn't put yourself in a vulnerable position, at the end of the day you decided to get drunk and you decided to invite him round knowing he has attraction towards you but it is his fault for acting like a creep and touching you inappropriately instead of respecting you and your boyfriend so it is a bit of both here.

The boy does not respect you, cut ties with him and focus on your boyfriend.
    Thank you for responding it's helping.. I'm worn out.. I think you're right I'm going to cut ties. My boyfriend is so kind and understanding. He told me we will be alright, just feel bad for not telling him about my best friend. I might tell him when hes out of the picture. So it doesn't start any trouble. Just wish I felt better :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2018
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.