Peacefully
    I've seen so much, I'm going blind
    And I'm brain-dead virtually
    Sociability
    Is hard enough for me
    Take me away from this big bad world
    And agree to marry me
    So we can start over again"

I can't be the only one who thinks that this is my life story... can I?

Hello and welcome to The Eye Of Barad-Dûr's Grow Your Grades blog!!!I'll just refer to myself as Lord Sauron.

So, who am I?
    (The one and only dark lord who will devour you with his army of Orcs, Uruk-Hai and Wargs) I'm just your ordinary Year 11 student who procrastinates waaaay too often, sleeps waaaay too little and revises waaaay too (un)effectively.
    When I was in Year 8, I was moved up to Year 9, which has it's cons (I have to revise more seeing as I've missed an entire year), but it also has its perks. One less year of school!!!

What GCSEs am I taking? What am I getting? What am I predicted?
    English Lit - 6 - 8
    English Lan - 6 - 8
    Maths - 9 - 9
    Triple Science - 6 - 8
    Spanish - 8 - 9
    ICT - 7 - 8
    History - 6 - 7
    RE - 4 - 7

Statistics - B - A*
    I've already taken Statistics in Year 10 (so effectively 2 years early (I was 13 (Jesus Christ)))

What do I want to do for A-Levels?
    Biology
    Maths
    Further Maths
    Spanish

I originally wanted to do chemistry, but decided against it, because it p*sses me of so f*cking much!!!

What career do I want to do and where do I want to go?
    I either want to become a doctor, specifically a radiologist, because I love it sooo much.
    If not, I want to do a PhD in maths, specifically pure maths, because it interests me so much. My maths teacher and I spend my free periods together doing A-Level Further Maths problems, and I just love maths loads.

I hope to go somewhere in London, because it's my favorite place in the entire world. Specifically UCL. I love UCL!

What am I going to do this summer holiday?
    I've made a sh*tton of revision notes and stuck them up on my wall (all 4 walls have barely any space left), so this summer I'm going to have one h*ll of a bonfire

What do I do in my free time?
    Eat, sleep, rave, repeat.

What stuff do I like?
    Books:
    • JRR Tolkien
    • Harry Potter
    • 13 Reasons Why
    • John Green
    • Game of Thrones

Music:
    • Coldplay
    • Oasis
    • Bob Dylan
    • Bruce Springsteen
    • The xx
    • Jamie xx

Movies:
    • Marvel
    • The Lord Of The Rings
    • A Beautiful Mind
    • The King's Speech
    • Too many more to list

How often do I plan to update and what will my content be?
    Hopefully every few days. I'll inform y'all if I plan to take a break.
    I'll talk about stuff that's happening at school, interesting stuff in my life, and just any other interesting stuff

So, the final question: coffee or TV?
    Coffee. As much as I love TV, I need to get the grades I need.

Thanks for being part of this blog. Ask if you want to be tagged.

Let's go!

ReputationRep:
    3/12/18

Alright, first real update.

So today (being a Monday) was pretty sh*t. And I mean double history and double English sh*t.

Our history teacher is terrible. She hired someone to teach us a few weeks ago, because she's so bad. Everybody's grades have dropped loads since she came. We just wish we could have had our old teacher back. Because as well as being an amazing history teacher, he also loves Game of Thrones (a personality trait everyone needs). We're doing Medicine Throughout Time, which is at least a really fun topic. Although, personally I feel that if the Scientific Revolution was postponed any longer, the population in the 1700s-1900s really would have been screwed.
    In our first English period we had to write one exam-style essay, which I think I did really well! I wrote 3 pages, 2 paragraphs on the extract, 2 paragraphs on the wider novel, an introduction and a conclusion. I know this sounds like what I'm supposed to do, but I haven't been doing that good in English so it was really good. It was on Pride and Prejudice. I love Pride and Prejudice, but I'm still a bit annoyed at our teacher for not picking Jane Eyre when he had to decide in Year 9.:cry::cry2:

Nothing's really going on in other life, apart arguments about whether (in Game of Thrones) Robin Arryn or Joffrey Baratheon is more annoying. Personally I think it's Joff. I really want to murder him! Like, can there be a bigger tw*t in the world?! But I will acknowledge that Robin is also really annoying. What are your opinions?

Alright, this is it guys, so I need to do my maths homework, so I'll be back to update in a few days time!
    Byeeee

ReputationRep:
    RIP Professor Steven Hawking :heart:

3/15/18

Alright, so today was pretty boring, although English was a waste of time because we were doing "group work". We were just talking about what we're going to wear to prom. I think a black suit makes you look like you've come out of a funeral, so I'm leaning towards navy. Your thoughts?
    I forgot to complete/hand in my maths homework, so that sucked so maths was also a waste of time, but my teacher didn't care seeing as not many people did do it.
    Science was boring because we were doing questions, but me and my best friend had already done them yesterday after we finished the work so we were just passing notes, so that was a waste of time.

So in total, today was a waste of time. I'll hopefully have more interesting posts in the future.

Byeeee

ReputationRep:
    Really enjoying this thread (watching it )
    I haven't read game of thrones though clearly it's a big part of your life!
    Ooh I'd like to be tagged pleeeeaaaasssseeee
    also ew coffee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    Really enjoying this thread (watching it )
    I haven't read game of thrones though clearly it's a big part of your life!
    Ooh I'd like to be tagged pleeeeaaaasssseeee
    also ew coffee
    Thanks
    Game of Thrones is my life
    I'll tag you
    Gaaaaaaaahhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEyeOfBaradDur)
    Thanks
    Game of Thrones is my life
    I'll tag you
    Gaaaaaaaahhhhh
    I can tell:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Toastiekid I think this says a lot. Lol it's on repeat Name:  Coffee And TV.PNG
Views: 39
Size:  8.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Wowzah

ReputationRep:
    3/16/18

This is quite short

Today we got our February mock results. They were pretty crap :bricks: I got a few 3s, a few 5s and a couple of 8s. So on average it was meh.
    I jumped from a 1 to a 5 in history though which I'm really proud of.

In other news, I've been having an argument with myself and half the rest of the class whether I'm more like Tyrion Lannister or Arya Stark. I don't even know; they're both so amazing. One of my mates thinks I should be Littlefinger. He's alright, until...
    Spoiler:
    Show

...we find out he's a traitor

So yeah, pretty short, sorry. But I will see you next time.
    Byeeee

ReputationRep:
    I love how your class all argue about game of thrones I heard these kids on the bus singing a game of thrones version of the twelve days of Christmas which made me think of you

ReputationRep:
    Alright, I know it's been a long time since I last updated this, but nothing much has happened and I only want to update when something BIG happens.
    So today I have no school stuff to share so I'm just going to talk a bit about anything else.

I'm on Episode 9 of 13 Reasons why and I am LOVING it so far. My favorite episode is Zach's (Peer Communications). If you guys haven't watched or read it, you have to. It's amazing.
    I'm re-watching my favorite episodes of The Big Bang Theory and it's as hilarious as ever. My favorite episode is either Season 1 Episode 2 or Season 4 Episode 2. Y'all need to watch that as well.

Nothing else has really happened, so I'm just updating today to make sure that you guys don't think I'm dead.
    Well, that's it for today so I'll see you next time.
    Byeeee

ReputationRep:
    Soooooooo... it's been absolutely ages since my last update. I'm really sorry, I've just completely forgotten. These last two weeks have been really big.

School stuff

Firstly, I just realized that I have to memorize an entire PAGE of Spanish for my speaking exam. I had absolutely no idea. I thought it was okay to have our writing in the exam. Apparently not. So that's s**t.
    Secondly, I've got my ITQ exam on Monday. For those of you who don't know, ITQ is like an extra ICT qualification. But it only lasts for 3 years and then you have to redo it (if you want to) because technology 'n' stuff changes. But yeah, I've got the exam on Monday. I have learnt what creative commons are by reading the bottom two paragraphs of the xkcd homepage.
    Thirdly, we go back to school on Tuesday and I JUST realized that I have a massive booklet for history. Like, 50 pages of questions. And my teacher hates me anyway and my revision timetable (unchangeable) only allows me two lessons of history from now until Tuesday. So that's s**t.

Other stuff

Firstly, coffee does not work on me. I got a large latte from Costa this morning and I had two cups of tea at home and they did not wake me up at all. Why? Like, seriously. Why?

Secondly, I've just finished Episode 9 of 13 Reasons Why and I LOVE IT. It's so amazing and poignant and beautiful. If y'all haven't read it or seen it, You must.
    Thirdly, having rewatched The Lord Of The Rings, I have come to realize how much I love The Two Towers. It's definitely my favorite out of the three. Y'all need to watch and read them as well.
    Fourthy, people are *******s when it comes to games. I was playing truth or dare at lunch and the 4 people I was playing with somehow made it so I had to do a truth or dare every round. Like, none of them got it and we were playing for half an hour.
    Fifthly, I've downloaded Fortnite, so y'all add me. PM me for my username.
    Sixthly, I went to Subway for lunch with some guys in my Spanish class and it was far into town, and seeing as my school's in a different town, so they "walked me back so I wouldn't get lost". I asked them to, but last time I make that mistake. They took me the wrong way (on purpose), walked me through a car park (on purpose), took me through a field (on purpose), took me through the local church's graveyard (on purpose), took me through another field behind school (on purpose), told me to jump the fence into school and recorded it (on purpose), told me that it would take an hour to get back to the front (on purpose), and then when I got back into school, they turned up five minutes later and showed me their Snapchat stories. It was annoying at the time, but now I find it funny.

Stuff-That-Is-Not-Important-Enough-To-Get-A-Decent-Name--Aka-Venting-N-Other-S**t

Firstly, I'm tired
    Secondly, I've had enough of revision
    Thirdly, I'm hot
    Fourthly, I'm bored
    Fifthly, is it worth getting Fortnite: Save The World? Because apparently it's going to become free at some point.
    Sixthly, which one do you think looks the best: the BMW 1 Series or BMW 7 Series or the Mercedes-Benz A Class or the Mercedes-Benz C Class?

Soooo, here we have it. A good entry on how the past two weeks have been. Remember to tell me if you want to be tagged. I'll see you all next time then.
    Byeeee

ReputationRep:
    Heyyyy! Have you changed your username?
    Good luck with your itq exam, it sounds really interesting:thumbsup:
    That walk back sounds awful
    Is fortnite any good?:lol: I haven’t played it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    Heyyyy! Have you changed your username?
    Good luck with your itq exam, it sounds really interesting:thumbsup:
    That walk back sounds awful
    Is fortnite any good?:lol: I haven’t played it
    Yeah
    Not interesting. Crap.
    Lmao it was. But it was funny afterwards.
    Fortnite is AMAZING. Download it. I love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HowToBeABlobfish)
    Yeah
    Not interesting. Crap.
    Lmao it was. But it was funny afterwards.
    Fortnite is AMAZING. Download it. I love it.
    Will do:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, it's another big one today!

School stuff

We had our ITQ test today, which is sort of like another ICT qualification. Most of the questions were about open source software so I just went on about Google Docs. The only reasons I use Google Drive is because my computer is terrible and I only have Microsoft Office 2007. I plan to get a Mac at some point so I won't have to worry about bad computers anymore.
    I almost got disqualified though. Basically to stop us cheating we couldn't go outside of a certain perimeter or click certain keys. The first time I accidentally jogged my mouse - warning. The second time I pressed Ctrl+Shift+LeftArrow to highlight some text, and Ctrl was a banned key and I forgot - warning. The third time I accidentally pressed Alt instead of the space bar - warning. I was VERY careful from then. At least I didn't actually get disqualified!
    Back to school tomorrow and it's 28 days until our REAL GCSEs!!!! :woo: -- in my opinion this is not a "woo" emoji. It is more of an "argh holy s**t" emoji. But I can always use :crazy: for those of you who think :woo: is excited and not crazy.

Other stuff

I watched Season 1 Episode 1 of Game of Thrones yesterday and I thought it was amazing. To be honest though, I preferred the way that the book put forward the characters and events. The events just went so quickly, like the part that Jon was asking Benjen to join the Night's Watch, the conversation was over in 30 seconds, whereas no real life conversation would be that short. And some characters are more d**ky than in the book. Like, that's great for Joffrey Baratheon because it makes me want to murder him even more, but Theon Greyjoy was a bit more of a d**k in the movie than in the book.
    I doubt y'all can help with this because none of you know me personally, but I don't know whether I'm more like Tyrion Lannister or Arya Stark. I think I'm more like Tyrion but I also see an element of Arya in me. :/
    My Nando's obsession has grown. Period.

Stuff-That-Is-Not-Important-Enough-To-Get-A-Decent-Name--Aka-Venting-N-Other-S**t

Firstly, I'm tired
    Thirdly, I'm hot
    Fourthly, I'm bored

Soooo, that's it for today! Remember to ask if you want to be tagged, and I will see you in the next entry! Byeeee

ReputationRep:
    Sup guys, just a mini update today.

School stuff

I had history homework to complete a 50 page booklet, which I completed, but my dad's making me type up the entire thing because my handwriting isn't good enough. For f**k's sake.
    My dad is trying to make me do 8 hours revision a day from now on and he said its going to get even more as I get closer to the exams. I can only do so much! 8 f**king hours?!
    My group have this countdown bot thingy that tells us how long we have until our GCSEs start and end in months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds. Nice way to relieve the pressure :cry:

Other stuff

It's hot. Like, seriously freaking hot!

I'm on S1E4 of Game Of Thrones and it's still amazing. I still prefer the books a bit though.

Firstly, I'm tired
    Thirdly, I'm hot
    Fourthly, I'm bored
    Fifthly, I just can't be asked anymore. I want to give up. :cry: I can't wait until this entire s**tstorm is over and I can hibernate for the entire summer holiday.

Well, that was just a quick one, so I'll give a proper update soon. Remember to say if you want to be added to the tag list.
    So, that's it then. Byeeee

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.